06 | mind is still sharp

If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?

"The mind," they both said at the same time. Jaemin gestured at Yumi to explain her reasoning for her choice.

"It's useless to be a healthy middle-aged person if you can't actually do anything a thirty-year-old would do," she said. "I mean, if you had the frail body of a ninety-year-old, but your mind is still sharp, then you could get someone else to do what you need to, wouldn't you? Plus, if you were a thirty-year-old with such a mind, then it wouldn't take long to become completely bedridden."

"I like your reasoning," Jaemin nodded. "And I agree with it. This one reminds me of my grandfather. He was old when he died and he wasn't exactly in his right mind before that, but he had a sharp mind before the sickness took him completely."

"I hope I do, too," Yumi commented. "It would be funny to see people underestimate me because I'm old and weak but then get surprised and apologize when they realize that I am still as sharp as I was in my adulthood."

"That does sound pretty funny," Jaemin started to laugh. He stepped back from the wall. "That's the first coat done. Let's keep going while it dries."

✧✧✧

WORD COUNT: 237