Chapter 1:falling out of love🎀

Dolores POV

I am married to Mariano for 2 years now, i still don't have any children with him because I'm not ready for it.

I don't know why but Mariano has been pretty sad lately and I don't feel like getting intimate with my husband anymore. " honey we need to talk" I snapped out of my daydream  to see my husband looking at me dead in the eye.

"What's going on Mi vida?" I looked at him and decided to play dumb "what do you mean?" He looked at me in a way, I held back my chuckle.

 "What do you mean! The way you don't call me 'mi amor' anymore, you don't ever get intimate with me anymore, we hardly ever kiss and...you have been focused on y/n lately"

I was shocked to hear this coming from him so I defended myself "Mariano, y/n has been my best friend since my gift ceremony, she was the only one who cared about my gift enough to speak quietly to me she was even the one who told my abuela to turn the music down so the noise could go away"

He looked at me and decided to speak. " that's besides the point mi vida, I feel like you don't love me anymore" a tear made it's way out of his eye. I know what I was doing to him was unfair because we are a married couple. 

"I'm sorry Mariano, I'm just distracted lately, I have lots of chores... I have to help all the ladies in encanto with their relationship problems but I haven't even bothered to find a solution to my own"

I wiped the tear from his face and kissed him on the cheek. Our foreheads were touching and we stayed like that for a while.

Y/n POV 

I have always admired Dolores from afar and when I found out she was in love with Mariano my dreams with her were crushed. I still love her though. I live at the casita now because my parents were abusive.

I sleep in mirabel's room because she insisted, we grew pretty close but not as close as Dolores and I always make sure to never talk about my feelings for her because she can  obviously hear me and I wouldn't want to steal mariano's girl

It was time for breakfast so everybody met up outside, I sat next to Dolores and mamaPepa with Mirabel  across from me. Mirabel and I were having a conversation until abuela started talking " Mariano, Dolores? When will I be expecting my great grandchildren?" 

Dolores looked uncomfortable and so did Mariano, " um abuela. We are going through some things right now and I don't think stuff like that should be forced" abuela Alma looked almost angry but I brushed it off and headed to the plaza with mirabel.

" I think my prima and Mariano won't last." I was shocked and a little happy at the thought. Am I selfish for that? She spoke up again "they have been acting a little suspicious, maybe we should have a sleepover in Isabela's room to talk about it with her" 

I could only agree so I did.