Chapter 28: wedding bells🎀

After months of preparing and dress shopping the day was finally here. The preparations were boring except for one part. The cake testing was your favorite. You got to try at least 50 samples of the best cakes in Columbia.

Anywho, in 4 hours you and Dolores would get married. 

Dolores would be wearing the red one and You would be wearing beige

Yes, pretty bold colors for getting married but, who cares right?

After all the heavy makeup and the painful hairstyle and the dress that barely fit, you were ready to get married.

" mi vida, you look so beautiful, I'm going to check on Dolores" Pepa rushed off with tears in her eyes. You didn't really have anyone to walk you down the aisle because your parents were pretty much bitches.

After all the stress of that situation Bruno stepped up and decided he would do it. Bruno is pretty much considered a father to you now. Everyone in the family was yours now too. The sounds of laughter and chatter made you more nervous. 

The whole town was probably there.

With that aside, Everything was great. "It's time to go" Bruno whispered. You locked arms with him and the music started. Your brides maids all made their way, (mirabel, Luisa, Isabela) and then dolores' bridesmaids (Pepa, Julieta) 

Then went the flower girl and Antonio with the rings. The "here comes the bride" song started and you and Bruno walked forward. You waited and then Dolores and Felix walked forward. She looked stunning in her dress. 

"Welcome folks, welcome! We are gathered here today to join these top two lovebirds, let's begin" he looked at the both of us and then at Antonio.

After his crazy long speech it was time for the vows. First up was Dolores. "Dolores madrigal, please say your vows. "Through the years we have faced obstacles, some harder than others, that have helped us build the strong foundation of our relationship. It has shown me your unwavering love, constant support, and silent strength. Thank you for loving my fun, crazy, loud, Magical family, as much as I do. I promise to encourage you to follow your dreams. I promise to continue to challenge you to be the best version of yourself. I promise to make you laugh, when you're taking life too seriously. I promise to love you unconditionally. I promise to put you first and never lose our spark. I love you mi amor" she smiled.

You started to tear up. "That was touching, now y/n l/n say your vows"

" Dolores, I was drawn to you from the day we met. Your warm and inviting eyes and your magnetic smile softened my tough façade immediately. I remember wanting to have, and sometimes make, reasons to talk to you. To see you beam that amazing smile back at me, immediately putting me at ease and brightening my day. I love that we started out as friends. That is my favorite part. You truly saw me. You understand me, accept me, in a way no one else has, in a way that I believe no one else can. You are my best friend.... I'm so grateful for our special brand of weird. To me, it means more than just being silly. It signifies a special, profound, unfettered love for each other. It's loving each other at our most intimate, vulnerable times. It colors our tapestry with yet unnamed, exotic colors, known only to the two of us. I love and will continue to love you forever" We hugged. 

"Ok ok, now before we begin, does anyone object" everyone went silent.

"Thanks, now the rings" Antonio walked forward. "Dolores Madrigal, do you take y/n to be your lawfully wedded wife?" He asked.

"I do" I slipped the ring in her finger.

"Y/n l/n do you take Dolores to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do" she put the ring in my finger. "Then, by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you wife and wife, you may kiss the bride" I kissed Dolores passionately while the crowed cheered in the background. The wedding bells started ringing.

"I'm happy it's you this time" she whispered. I giggled.

(She is talking about her wedding with Mariano when she said 'this time')

We kissed again and went to the reception.