Chapter 6: you can't force love🎀

3rd person POV

It's been many weeks since what happened with Dolores. The whole family was aware that y/n and Dolores loved eachother. Everyday the atmosphere would be tense and no one was ever really happy.

Pepa had a talk with Alma a few days later. "Mama I can't take it anymore, Dolores is miserable with Mariano.show her you love her and let her be with y/n" abuela looked at pepa with a hurtlful expression "I know but I want new generations, y/n and Dolores can't have kids, your sister's kids aren't interested in children"

Pepa started to get annoyed and Alma's room was getting wet. 'Serves her right' Pepa thought. "If you don't let my kids be happy then we are leaving the encanto" alma was shocked to hear but she also wanted the best for her family.

"Fine I'll let Mariano know"

Meanwhile Dolores was sleeping so she wasn't paying attention to the conversation.

They next day the entire family had set up arrangements to get the two to talk to eachother again. Mirabel would guide y/n to the spot and Isabela would make dolores follow a trail of flowers.

Dolores POV 

I need to get a divorce with Mariano even if abuela doesn't approve. "Mariano, I can't be with you anymore" he looked hurt but I didn't care. " why mi vida?" 

"One stop calling me 'mi vada' and two...you can't force love. I don't love you anymore" he was shocked to hear what I had to say but to be honest this guy is stupid he couldn't take a hint?

(No hate towards Mariano btw)

"Fine then I am leaving dol" he gathered all his stuff which wasn't much and left my room. I felt bad for all that I had put him through but it was for the best. Soon I heard a knock on my door and by the the soft mumbling I knew it was Isabela. "Come in Isa"

" abuela found out about my baby and so did mami" I had already knew that but I acted shocked so she could feel better.  " how did they react" 

" surprisingly they were happy for me but can I show you something" I followed her out the door  and found rose peddles all over the ground leading to a path way. "Can you follow that path to see where it leads to" I was confused why couldn't she do it herself. I asked and she answered.

"To warn me if it's something bad, right?" She said laughing. I followed the path until I was at a very familiar tree. I remember when I was little me and y/n carved our names onto the tree. It was just as friends though, we never actually had true feelings back then we were just kids.

I sat there for a while until y/n showed up with mirabel. I couldn't help but smile and get up. I was going to apologize until y/n spoke up "what is she doing here mirabel? You said we were going to have some girl time" 

"I'm sorry for choosing Mariano, I just wanted my abuela to be happy"