Chapter 26: things we do for love🎀

Y/n POV

It's been a few months now and everything is settled. I am certain Dolores has gotten ever abuela. I want to take the next step in our relationship and what better time to do it then now? 

Of course i didn't know how much work it would Take to take that step, the things I do for love.

2nd POV

You woke up feeling the fresh morning breeze gently hitting your face. You kissed Dolores and got out of bed. 'Where should i do it' you asked yourself. "This should be a great day huh Duchess?" You asked the donkey. 

You took the donkey out of the gates and lead it to Dolores' favorite place.  It was the tree where you both met eachother. When you and the donkey reached the  tree you stood there like it was the first time you came there. 

The tree was older now and the carving was starting to get dirty. Y/n and Dolores BFF . "Well we aren't just going to be friends now" you muttered. You made sure not to speak any longer so Dolores wouldn't hear.

You wanted to pop the question in private. You didn't want to get her family involved. They would talk and spoil the surprise. According to Dolores the both of you just have a normal-every-Saturday-date. Nothing special.

(If you haven't figured it out by now, y/n's proposing)

A  candle lit picnic would be perfect.

(That is what it will look like)

It wouldn't be much work to set it up but cooking the food was a whole other story. It had to be Dolores' favorite foods and sadly, they didn't sell good quality foods in town. Dolores' aunt was the best cook in town, she is used to good food.

After the donkey helped set up everything, you quickly covered a blanket on to of the picnic and rode the donkey back to casita. You were met with Luisa and the door step. "Hey! What were you, we were all looking for you" She said. "Oh I was just getting some fresh air. The morning is the perfect time to ride a donkey"

She looked confused then smile at you "Do you want me to put Duchess back?"

"Sure Luisa" you mumbled.

"That was close" you wiped the sweat of of your face. "What was close" mirabel jumped next to you.

"Nothing!" You shouted. "Cmon you are hiding something, I can help" she insisted

"Have you seen your mom anywhere?" You ignored her question. "Yeah she is in the kitchen"

"Great, thanks mirabel" you ran off while she was still thinking about what you were doing.

"Hola"

"Oh hi y/n you seem rushed, are you ok?" Julieta asked. "Yeah im fine, I just...need to cook something" you looked at the stove.

"Oh just tell me what to cook and I'll make it for you" she insisted. "Well, it's a lot of food, are you sure?"

"Yeah , if you are willing to help me of course" she took off her apron and took out her notepad.

"What do I cook"

"Tamales, arepas, empanada, quesadilla, and some red wine" you quickly reminded yourself while telling her.

"Why do you need all this food?"

"I can't really tell you... but, maybe if everything goes well, I'll tell everyone" you winked at her. She  only chuckled. "Now, I don't have much flour left so I need you to go into town to get some"

"That shouldn't be so hard"

"But... the flour is sold in... senor Santo's  shop" she awkwardly said.

" I suggest you take duchess with you... for safty"

"Ok then"

You took duchess out and walked her over to senor santos's shop and saw two giant beasts there. "She didn't tell me about these" they came closer and growled. A man came out and coldly looked at you

"Hello little lady, how can I help you here?" Annoyance lacing through his tone

"I need a bag of flour, the one Julieta uses."

He blushed and sent the beasts away. "She sent you here?" He smiled warmly. "Yes" you confidently spoke. "Here, it's on the house have a good day" he gave you the flour and sent you off. 

"Someone has a crush on Julieta" you chuckled and walked duchess to casita.