Chapter 10: exoposing mommy's boy?🎀

Dolores POV

I sat down and fixed my dress. I could se Mariano across from me and the priest in the middle. There were many villagers including my family and his beloved mommy. The premise stood up and gestured for the rest of us to stand. 

(So before I do the rest of this DISCLAIMER: I am not Columbia's nor do I do their traditions, if the prayers etc are incorrect or they offended you in any way please let me know and next time I do something like this I will do a little more research. If you are not comfortable with this then please leave and wait for the next chapter. Thx)

He lit up the candle and held it with both hands to secure it. "God bringing light and banishing fear, We light this candle as a sign of our willingness to be your light in the world. We remember before you the peoples of Colombia, their abundant land, their struggles for peace and justice. We bring before you the people whose story we have witnessed." and we all slowly seated.

He brought the papers before us and set it in the middle. 2 ball point pens were placed on each of our sides. "Dolores madrigal, please tell us your side of the story" I stood up before clearing my throat. I looked at my family and they all nodded, telling me this was the right thing to do.

I spoke. "I fell out of love with my husband, I fell in love with another. Y/n l/n, to be exact. He made me choose and that brought me so much pain."  I paused and waited for the tears that were threatening to come out of my eyes. 

"Out of anger Mariano Guzman and his mother, poisoned my lover and till this day she is still in a deep rest."

Mariano and his mom gasped not knowing what to say. A flood of tears came out of my eyes. I broke down and sat with mascara draining from my eye. "SHE'S LYING!" Mariano's mom said loudly.

Mariano sighed. "No she is telling the truth, I am so sorry Dolores, anger brought me to my actions." He said honestly. I looked up to see him explaining everything to the preist. My abuela stood up. "I can't believe you right now senora Guzman" she paused.

"Both you and your son need to leave my encanto" she said angrily. The villagers stood up and took out random tomatoes from their pockets bags and purses. They aimed them towards senora Guzman and Mariano. 

When the tomato was about to hit Mariano, I blocked it. My body was controlling me.I don't know why but I felt sorry. When he saw the scene unfold he just kept his head down and continued to apologize.

For some reason I think his mom forced him. The tomato hit the bottom of my favorite dress. He looked at me and was about to say something when senora spoke. "Mariano let's go, I'll have magical grand babies to serve me somewhere else" a tear slid out of his eye. 

"Mommy, no" she looked at him sternly. "What do you mean no" the entire church was shocked while watching the scene unfold

"I love Dolores, I'm not going to use her to make magical kids for you, I LOVE HER...if.. if that means I will have to let her go then I will! I'm done listening to your sick plans" she looked at him with anger. She walked towards me gave me the death glare. SHe grabbed Mariano's arm with all the strength she had.

He was making around refusing to leave with her. "Let him go!" I said loudly. She looked at me and continued. She slapped Mariano and his face was left with a red mark. "LET HIM GO!" We heard from the church door. All the commotion stopped and I looked back to see y/n  standing there with a bat.

"Y/n?" I said as a tear slid down my eye