Chapter 17: eavesdropping🎀

Abuela and Lola still have been talkinG in that language no one seems to know about. You were very suspicious of Lola and abuela. you decided to spy on them secretly. You didn't want  to get anyone involved so this was a solo mission.

You walked along the floorboards with casita helping you along the way. You heard lola go straight to alma's room when she got home. You heard them speaking fluently in this unknown language. 

" wen wl wui du yt" Lola said.

"Att tge is Jan snia" abuela replied. You obviously couldn't understand so you went to abuela's room which was sorta open. You sneaked a glance through the small creek. Both abuela and Lola had pencils in their hands and they were taking turns writing on the paper.

"You know I can't talk like this for too long alma" Lola said chuckling. Abuela signalled to the price of paper. Lola read it and started laughing. You scoffed at their behavior.

"Oh no" you mumbled noticing they had heard you. Casita quickly slid you over down the stairs.

Abuela looked out of her bedroom and saw no one. "What are you doing" Isabela said suspiciously. "I.."

"I was suspicious of Lola she has been sayi-" a vine interrupted your sentence

"You know Lola isn't that bad of a person she is really nice" Isabela implied looking at you sternly

"You she give her a shot" Luisa interrupted.with Dolores nodding from the background. Mirabel was the only one who didn't have anything to say.she seemed uncertain, as if she knew something but wasnt allowed to talk about it.

"Mira can we talk" you said looking at her expression. You followed her to her room. "What is it" 

"Do you know something about Lola" she turned a bright red, she started whispering. "I can't tell you anything that I know" she said nervously. She was shaking and looking around the room as if she was being watched.

Not wanting to invade her privacy you decided to nodd your head and leave the room.

'It's like she was threatened to not speak' you thought to yourself. You lost your Train of thought when you heard Lola and abuela walking outside of the room laughing and talking. They entered lola's new room closing the door shut.

You walked towards abuela's room hoping you would find out what they were writing on that paper.

"Where do you think you are going?" You were interrupted. "Camilo I don't have time for this" you said and rushed away. "Give me some candy and I won't snitch" a smirk was plastered on his face after he spoke

You nodded and gave him the last candy you had in the pocket of your dress. He smiled and left you off. "He is such a..." you were interrupted again this time by mirabel. "Don't even think about going in there y/n"

You ran to the room without hesitation with mirabel on your tail, you ran into the room and closed the door shut in her face. It was silent for a while until you heard sniffiling. "Please don't ruin my abuela's reputation" mirabel said and then you heard her leave the door.

You saw a bunch of half burnt pieces of paper in the garbage with a small candle on alma's nightstand, With that you went to look at the papers. It was a full conversation in English. You started reading the notes.

Lola:Senora, when will we go with this plan.

Alma: I have a feeling Dolores will propose, so on their wedding day everything will go down.

Lola: good, and then we will put a drop on that potion into the cake mix, dolores will think she was re marrying Mariano the whole time.

Abuela: but we also need to put into all the cake mix so the familia won't say anything.

Lola: my baby boy will finally make me some grandchildren to enjoy

Abuela:indeed, now let's go cook up that potion in your room, shall we?

Your mouth was open wide reading the paper, it seemed like Lola was helping senora Guzman the whole time. You needed to tell everyone first, but then again Dolores hasn't proposed to you yet nor did you propose to her yet so it was plans for the near future.

You were about to steal the paper until you heard the door handle start moving. Out of panick, you set the paper down back at the table and you lunged into alma's closet. It smelled like some of Mariano's cologne. 

Its like Mariano's clothes were in there. You took another sniff until you saw it was actually Mariano in the closet the whole time. You were about to scream until he covered your lips.

"Shhh! Look" he said quietly. You saw alma and Lola walk into the room smiling with a pink potion in their hands. Lola walked towards the candle usually like how the madrigals do at their gift ceremonies.

 You saw Lola touch the candle and her entire body started glowing a shade of yellow. Her body floated into the air and the wind had chameleons glowing with her. The chameleons disappeared soon after. Mariano took his hand off your mouth and stared blankly at the scene unfolding in front of him.

You couldn't believe your eyes, Lola disappeared, she wasn't Lola anymore she was...

(😈hahahaha cliffhangers )