Chapter 18: answers🎀

Lola disappeared...

Lola was no longer there, it was senora Guzman. 

You tried no to gasp while Mariano was still shook. "They are going to do something" Mariano mumbled. You nodded. They were chanting a set of phrases over and over in that code language they were using.

After a while of basically doing nothing, they started to float into the air abuela's eyes glowing a bright yellow. Soon, they plopped back to the ground and senora Guzman turned into Lola again. "Lola" left the room leaving abuela to look at the candle with a smirk.

"Lesbians in my household should not be allowed" she said and left the room moments after lola. "What the fuck" you said loudly. Mariano shushed you noticing that you guys were still in the room.

You ran to mirabel's room with Mariano following after you. "Did you guys find out" mirabel said worriedly right after closing her widow and untied the curtains to make them fall perfectly under the window sill.

"1, what are they going to do in a wedding that doesn't even exist and 2, why was Mariano in alma's closet"trying to calm down you sat on a chair and breathed in and out.

"Y/n I was also suspicious of Lola, you see she is my cousin, we grew up together she hated my mother so we came here when I was a teen." He said taking a breathe in.

"When she came to town she neglected me, as if we didn't know eachother, every time I would try to communicate she would just run off and go to the casita, she spent nights there and everyday she would go in a dark alley to talk or write with alma" He cleared his throat.

"Wait night's" you heard a voice in the door. "Dolores?" Mirabel said getting more nervous. "I heard everything, I am sooo sorry for not believing you y/n" she hugged you.

" back to the point" you said looking at Mariano. "I was saying on them for days now, apparently they are going to drug the madrigals into thinking that I am married to you" he said looking at dolores calmly.

"When I heard that she moved into the casita I wanted to get more answers so I came to the casita today and Casita had let me in. Turns out Lola was not my real cousin, it looked like alma gave my mama camilo's powers to turn into her" he said looking around" 

"I guess they are that obsessed with us two being together huh?" Dolores said shaking her head sadly. "I though she supported your sexuality" mirabel said with a tear in her eye. "What's wrong Mira" you asked. "They threatened me not to say anything or else they would...hurt me and the person I told" she sniffled.  "I am putting all your lives in danger"

She cried some more while getting comfort. "We need to warn the others" you said. "Warn them for what? As long as Dolores doesn't propose to you or you propose to her there will be no wedding"

"They could poison the family any other way" mirabel said with her eyes bright red.

"Then at dinner today, we will say something, alma and 'Lola'.." you said getting louder at the word Lola "will be caught and no one will be able to say anything" 

"That's a great idea, now let's just go and act natural" Everone nodded and got up. "I feel like I am being watched" you mumbled looking at how the window curtains were slightly moving.