Chapter 22: is she alive?🎀

*THUD*

"Abuela?" I head mirabel call out. Everyone raced over to see senora Guzman and abuela attached to eachother with eyes closed. "I can't feel a heartbeat for either of them" Julieta said. "Camilo go get some arepa's" she demanded.

He dashed to the kitchen and in mere seconds, he came back with a plate of arepas. Julieta tried shaking abuela while you threw a bucket of water on senora Guzman. They both just laid there, dead.

Antonio started to cry a little. "Don't worry little guy everything will be fine" you hugged him. You don't like abuela and certainly didn't like senora Guzman but, your heart ached to see them at that state.

"I need some space" Julieta said looking at her mother with a tear in her eye.

Everyone left including you. You heard her sobs and heard her trying to fix things. "It's all my fault" you randomly said starting to cry. Pepa ran to your side. Dolores looked at you sadly while waiting for Julieta to answer finish.

"mija, its not your fault"  there was already a hurricane outside so her storm cloud wasn't to bad. both of you were drenched. "You were doing your best to help the family, if something happens to abuela,  it is her fault"

(is it just me or do I love myself a good hurriane? I don't like the damage it causes but, the rain is so calming, and, no school for a very long time! )

Felix agreed while nodding. "she cares about the candle more than her won life, I won't be surprised if something happens to her" he added.

Dolores stepped closer. she hugged you and buried her face in your chest. you both sat next to each other cuddling. you heard the sobbing stop and the silence in the room fade.

Julieta opened the door with abuela and senora guzman still laying on the ground. Julieta looked tired. her eyes were red and she looked like she shouldn't cry anymore.

this was one of the first people she couldn't save. She couldn't save her own mother. She was supposed to be the strong one, she was supposed to fix everything, but she didn't, she couldn't. all that pressure built up and she just couldn't handle it anymore.

"Is she alive?"

"what happened?"

"tell us good news"

"Tia, is she ok?"

"Why is she still on the ground"

"SHE IS DEAD!" Julieta shouted. she started sobbing again. and she buried her face into her husband's chest. she finally snapped. "Julieta, it isn't your fault, no one can revive people from the dead" you reassured her.

everyone cuddled her into a hug. "what now?" Camilo asked. "we plan her funeral." Pepa answered. 

your powers solved conflict, not sadness, there was nothing you could do. you started to cry too.

 "I shouldn't have said anything, I did this because I didn't want to lose Dolores, I was so selfish! I killed abuela" you shouted. everyone stopped and starred at you blankly.

"you did the right thing mija" Julieta put her hand on your shoulder. "if anything you are selfless" Pepa added. "If you had let Dolores marry Mariano, It would not only have hurt you, it would hurt all of us" Mirabel said.

You cried a bit more with the family. "Dolores it will be ok" you reassured. you all stayed up the whole night crying. abuela and senora's dead bodies laid on the ground the whole night.

The next morning Luisa took them an headed to a funeral home to shop for coffins.