Chapter 20: Just give up🎀

You sobbed for a few minutes before the door opened. Mirabel came in and saw all your stuff in her room. She stood there looking at the, sadly. "N/n..." (nick name) she walked closer.

"I am so sorry, we can still save everyone though we just need a pla-" 

"Mira no! It's over..." you interrupted  wiping some tears. Your mascara was runny and you looked emo. "Y/n don't think like that we can still do something."

"Mira just give up! There is no way we can save everyone, they are brainwashed" you yelled a little. She started tearing up. "I'm sorry mirabel I didn't mean to yell, I'm just frustrated..."

"It's alright, it's just...it's going to be so different now" she interrupted.

"Tell me about it. The love of my life is going to marry Mariano and I will be so lonely-"

"Wait y/n!" She wiped a tear, "Mariano! He can help us, maybe if we convince the family that Lola is actually ms. Guzman, the spell will be broken" 

"How will Mariano help us?" You asked. "He knows his mom more than anyone, he can easily get under her skin and expose her" she answered.

"That's a great idea mirabel" you said getting up. "Then let's go talk to Mariano" she answered taking your hand. You opened the door. "What were you guys talking about" Dolores interrupted. 

"Dolores... hi!" You said exitedly. "We were practicing...for a play... it's with Mariano" mirabel answered ignoring your awkward greeting. 

" oh you should have just said so" she said walking away. You watched her petite body walk across the halls in awe. 

"Enough with the googoo eyes y/n we gotta go" mirabel snapped you out of it. "Yeah sorry" you answered.

You walked to the town and found Mariano sipping on some tea with a very pretty girl. She had silky light blonde hair with a nice complexion. "Mariano we need your help it's about dolor- I mean the madrigals" you said interrupting what seemed to be a date.

"Are you guys serious, I am busy" he said signaling to the girl. "Mariano, don't be so rude, introduce us" the girl said.

She was so sweet. Mariano rolled his eyes. "Y/n, mirabel, this is Daisy, Daisy, this is y/n, and Mirabel" he said. "Nice to meet you"

"Can we borrow him for a sec, it's urgent" she nodded kindly and took a bite of her scone. 

"Mariano, your mom drugged everyone except us obviously, we need to expose her so we can break the spell" you explained quickly. "Ok...what do you want me to do" he said impatiently. "You fool, just get under her skin, get her mad enough to break her perfect little act" mirabel explained.

"That's easy, just talk about my dad, she will definitely break" you smirked.

"Perfect, what is your dads name?"

"Arwen Guzman" he answered. You nodded while he left the two of you alone. Daisy waved sweetly at you and you returned the gesture.

*time skip*

when you arrive at casita you found lola, Pepa and Dolores talking to eachother. "Lola, I'm sorry we started off on the wrong foot, I would like to get to know you better" she looked at you weirdly. 

"Well what do you want to know?" She said sweetly. "You never told us about your...ahem, uncle, Arwen" mirabel smiled. You could feel her blood starting to boil. 

You smirked a bit.  Pepa looked confused and there was a storm cloud starting to form. Felix walked down the stairs shooing it off.

"Camilo go make some tea for your mama!" Felix yelled. It got everyone else s attention. You saw  faces starting to peek from the doors. Mirabel grinned waiting for an answer.

"What's wrong lola?" Mirabel asked. This was perfect. Everyone would witness this. Abuela wasn't  there yet, she was at the market grabbing some ingredients for Julieta.

"ARWEN!