Chapter 21: Peace🎀

(When I say Lola, just know I am talking about senora Guzman)

" what is going on here!" Abuela interrupted.

"We are just asking Lola about her tio" mirabel replied. Abuela's eyes widened. "Now why would you ask her about that?" She said patting her back.

Lola didn't seem to be feeling better in the slightest way. "That son of a bitch got me pregnant with that lover boy and left me! I AM NOT RELATED TO THAT HORRIBLE MAN. ARWEN IS IS...ARWEN... he is..." she paused and looked down.

"He just wanted to make us wealthy...he didn't leave me" she started sobbing. "I just wanted what was best for my family" she said swallowing the lump in her throat.

She cried louder. "I just thought if I had grandkids that were magical people would care about me for once" she wailed. The house started to glow again and so did everyone else.

"Wait Lola, you are just 17, how could you go through all that already?" Dolores asked.

"Dol she is not who she says she is, and...you are not marrying Mariano"

"Yea I am...I am in love with him" she replied. Her eyes turned a blinding purple then back to brown. "Do you love me?" You asked sadly holding her hand. She took her hand off. "No" her eye did the thing again.

Every time she lied to herself it would affect her even in the slightest way.

"You don't love anymore?" You asked smirking.

"What do you mean anymore?" She whispered. "You wer- YOU ALL..." The madrigals came out of their rooms. Each stepping down the stairs looking at you.

"You all were drugged!" You shouted. They looked at you weirdly. Lola started sobbing again. "I think y/n is right" Pepa said. You smiled dearly at her. Her husband stood next to her.

Soon everyone agreed not even knowing why they were.

The floorboards wiggled under your feet which made you giggle. The candle glowed brighter than it had ever glowed  before. Everyone glowed including you. The house extended and got bigger. Soon everyone got back to normal. 

Lola turned back into ms.Guzman. You gave her the stank face.

"Casita what is it" you heard the floors wobble. It signaled to Dolores' door.

Dolores' door had changed. It had your face on it with your name. There were peace signs all over with sound waves for Dolores. You couldn't understand. Pedro's picture frame wobbled off the walls and broke. A purple sprit came out and revealed what seemed to be a ghost of Pedro.

"Y/n, thankyou for saving my family. I can't thankyou enough. I don't have much time left but I would like you to know. You have the gift of peace. You shall bring peace, hope, and love to our community just like you are doing now. Don't disappoint me" and the spirit vanished and the walls closed in on the picture frame of Pedro. Instead of the serious face, He was smiling .

Dolores ran to your side. "I am so sorry I said that, I do love you!" She kissed all over your face a thousand times. "I love you too" you kissed her soft lips. Your eyes met eachother. For a moment the world disappeared. 

On the corner of your eye you saw abuela and ms.Guzman trying to leave the house.

"And as for you" you said sternly. "Why did you try to do this, both you and abuela" the shocked gasps of the madrigals filled the room.

"Abuela, you had part of this" Pepa accused. She nodded . She hugged you from behind. "I am so sorry mija" you returned the gesture.

"I wanted to make sure my Mariano didn't have to live in filth like I did!" She paused.

"And i am going to make sure that doesn't happen" she lunged forward and went up the stairs straight to alma's room. She grabbed the candle and tried running away with it. Isabela grew some vines to stop her but she bit them off. "We didn't agree to this Susan!" Abuela shouted.

(Since the film didn't say her fist name I'm going to make it up. I even did some research and nothing shows her first name)

She took off her shawl and headed straight how the mad woman. She took the candle from her and ran to the top of the pot to go put it back. Senora Guzman followed soon after. You tried to atop her but —for an old lady— she was pretty fast. 

Her and abuela were fighting to take the candle. All eyes were Locked on the two of them as abuela finally took the candle and place it on the stand. Ms.Guzman wouldn't stop putting up a fight. In an attempt to take the candle, she tripped and grabbed on to abuela's dress. 

*THUD*

(So this book is soon coming to an end. I am planning on doing about 5-10 more chapters on the resolution of everything. So next chapter will be the classic "happy ending" so there will be no more plot twists but, every love story needs to look into the couple's life together. So for y/n's gists, I was thinking on doing a head cannons chapter but most people —including myself— skip those chapters often so, I am just going to do it now. 

Since y/n has her won gift now, she doesn't share a gift with Dolores anymore.

When she sees people have issues —mainly relationships— her power of peace can help solve the problem. When she does chores with Dolores, Dolores can listen and give advice and if needed, y/n can fix it.

It doesn't work just for relationships it works on everything.

It is kind of like Isabela's gift. She just spreads peace everywhere.

She brings unity to the town with her powers. When she is mad, the town is opposite of peace. That means when she is mad, everyone is arguing and fighting  and it is reckless. 

Since(as you are about to see in the next chapter) she won't have as much pressure on her to control her feelings, same for Pepa.

When things get too out of control, the matriarch of the family can individually shut down her gift until everything is back to normal

That is pretty much it, I I have any new ideas for her gift I'll make sure to let you guys know. ✌🏽 bye)

-1041- words