A Supremely Showy Samurai

In pursuit of the latest great power, Joe challenges former Shinken Red, Shiba Kaoru, to a duel.

However, the Zangyack launch an attack, and during the battle an astonishing truth is revealed! Special Agent Barizorg is revealed to be Joe's former mentor, Sid.

The following night, Joe and Mika are nowhere to be found!

"I wonder where they are," said Don, worried about Joe and Mika's whereabouts. Luka noticed their behavior the other night when they returned to the ship. Ahim suggests contacting the two until Marvelous wakes up, telling them not to interfere. Much to their relief, Luka and the others rushed to their captain's side to check if he was really okay. "He'll be fine" said Marvelous, carefully sitting up on the couch, "Mika's looking out for him, I know they'll be back. More importantly... I need food"
This didn't really surprise the crew, but it sure surprised the samurai princess as well as her loyal servant.

As Joe walks along the streets of town, Mika was following a good distance away, making sure to be extra sneaky about it by hiding every once in a while so the blue pirate wouldn't notice. Memories of Joe's past ran through his mind as a former member of the Zangyack unable to harm innocent children. When Sid found out about what happened, he was willing to help his student escape the Zangyack in order to become a better person.

"This is where we say goodbye" said Sid, "If you betray the Zangyack you either die, or run for the rest of your life. But I think we chose the right thing to do, as citizens of the universe"
"What made you change your mind?" asked Joe
"The legendary pirate known as Captain White saved my life once"
"He saved you?! An enemy of the Zangyack?"
"Not he...SHE saved me, even showed me the truth"
Sid stood tall before Joe, looking him dead in the say to say, "Stay alive, and someday I'm sure we'll meet again"

That was the last time Joe ever saw the one friend he looked up to before their separation. The man he saw as a father-figure, a powerful swordsman with an even more powerful heart. It was made even more tragic after seeing what the Zangyack did to him afterwards. Now, he had to figure out how to get him back or possibly stop Barizorg from causing any more damage to the world.

Joe stopped in his tracks, turning toward the direction Mika was hiding from, "You're not as sneaky as you think you are, Mika" he said.
The high schooler comes out of hiding, walking towards the blue pirate with a glare, "If you think I'm here to stop you, you're wrong" she said, "Even if you say you can do this alone, I'm not going back"
"Is this an order from the captain?"
"What if it was?"
Joe was deeply impressed by Mika's demeanor, even though he showed no expression. He simply turned his back to Mika and said, "Do what you want then, Captain" he said, going his merry way to find Barizorg with the high schooler following behind.

When Joe and Mika arrive at their destination, Barizorg's sword stands tall in the middle of the field until its wielder arrives just a few feet away from the two space pirates. "I've been waiting for you... Sid-Sensei!" said Joe, marching towards the cyborg while Mika stayed in the distance, "You heard it from Warz Gil himself. You're my friend, Sid-Sensei!"
The cyborg stood silently as Joe tried to contact his former mentor.
"He's gone, Joe" said Mika, "Warz Gil probably erased your friend's memories to make it easier to control him"
Joe didn't want to believe it, but deep down he knew Mika was right. Barizorg throws a punch into Joe's gut before making his way back to his blade, seething it from the ground ready for battle against the two space pirates. "I'll make you remember!" said Joe, pulling out his saber while Mika does the same. The blue pirate mimics his mentor's move, glaring at the cyborg standing before them with determination. Once he made the attack, Barizorg blocked it with his blade with ease, shocking Joe and Mika.