A Falling Promise

"I've finally finished!" called Gai, showing off the Super Sentai Encyclopedias that he made himself for the pirates to follow. The pirates browsed through the books, which was rather impressive and very well organized. The silver pirate wanted to make sure everyone is able to transform as the right Super Sentai, unlike last time back at the temple when everyone transformed into different Samurai Sentai. Gai handed each and every one of the members an encyclopedia to study, but Joe didn't have time once he finished his daily work out. He stood up and told them he had to get groceries. "Mind if I tag along?" asked Mika, "It's faster with two anyway"
Joe smiled and pats the girl's head, "sure" he said before leaving the ship with Mika following behind. Gai looked at the two flabbergasted and screamed in horror, "Don't tell me Joe's been taking my spot as Mika's big brother!!" he yelled
"Calm down, will you?" asked Don
"He has for a while now" said Luka, browsing through one of the books
"And I do believe Mr. Joe sees Ms. Mika as a little sister as well"
The silver pirate felt like he was stabbed in the chest before running out of the ship to catch up with the blue and white pirates.

As they make their way to the shopping center, Joe couldn't help but wonder how Mika and Gai ended up being friends in the first place. "Was he always like this?" he asked, earning a look of confusion from the high schooler.
"You mean Gai?" she asked, "Well, yeah kind of"
Mika explained that he's always been that way since they were kids. As it turns out, Mika was bullied when she was a kid because she was smaller than the rest of her fellow peers which made her an easy target. One day, Gai came out of nowhere and defended her against the bullies. From that day on, Gai was always there to protect her, despite being a few years apart, even when he graduated school. Mika smiled at the fond memories the two of them shared, which actually made the blue pirate smile as well. He ruffled her hair and walked ahead of the girl.

"Wait up, guys!" called the silver pirate, running towards the two pirates on their way to the shopping center. Gai takes a moment to catch his breath before throwing questions at Joe left and right about his opinions on Earth. Joe wasn't sure what he liked about Earth to be honest, but he didn't want to bother thinking about it. Mika was about to stop her childhood friend when Gai stepped in front of the blue pirate and said, "I know you've all come from faraway galaxies and all, but you're the 35th Super Sentai! If you learn more about the Earth, I'm sure you'll grow to love it as much as Mika-chan and I do!"
Joe raised a brow at the silver pirate, "It's not like I hate the place or anything" he said.
"He just doesn't have the time to look around, Gai" said Mika, "We are pirates after all, so there's no time for gallivanting through Earth whenever the Zangyack show up out of nowhere"
Gai knew that Mika was right, since becoming a member of the pirate sentai, there wasn't much time to do the things he loved outside the ship.

Just then, a boy on a bicycle was riding by when Gai immediately moved out of the way. The boy stops and looks back at the three pirates, "What are you doing?!" he asked, "Watch where you're going!"
"You're the one riding like a maniac!" Gai complained as the boy rode away, "Hey, come back here!"
"I'm in a hurry!"
"What's with him?"
Mika started to giggle while Joe smirked at the boy up ahead, "Well, I do know one thing" the blue pirate said, "Earth kids are a bunch of brats. But Mika's brother is an acceptation"
Gai was rather offended by Joe's words, saying that boy was a 'special case' as he followed Joe and Mika. As they continued their way, the boy on the bicycle appeared again, only he was being chased by an army of goumin and their new commander, Stargull. Joe asked the boy to stay put while he and the other two pirates transformed into Gokaigers.

Once they defeat the army of goumin, the three pirates come face to face with the commander. "You're always getting in our way!" said Stargull
"That's our line!" said Gai
"You're interrupting our shopping" said Joe
"Seriously?" asked Mika
When Stargull uses his attack, the three pirates dodge and pull out ranger keys that involve Dinosaur Sentai. Gai and Mika transform into ZYURANGERs DragonRanger and MammothRanger while Joe transforms into AbareBlue from ABARANGER. "No!" yelled Gai, "That's Dinoblast Sentai!"
"It's close enough" said Joe
"No, it really isn't"
"Stop complaining and let's get this over with!" said Mika, using her MothBreaker to strike Stargull in the chest with Joe and Gai's help.
"You really need to read my encyclopedia!" said Gai, earning a smack to the head from the white pirate. Stargull throws another attack, which Joe blocks using his Tricera Bunker to block the attack. Gai and Mika jump over Joe's shoulder, using Dragonsong Dagger and Thunder Slinger to shoot the enemy while the blue pirate finishes him off with Tricera Bunker.