🌸 The Otter and The Deer - NCT 🌸

Fandom: NCT
Little(s): Osaki Shotaro (6) Jung Sungchan (2)
Caregiver(s): [none]

Summary: Shotaro decides to tell Sungchan a very familiar tale for a bedtime story...

———— 🖤 ————

"Taro? Stowy?" Sungchan's eyes were pleading as Shotaro was tucking him into bed. Usually the two slept in their own beds, but when Sungchan was feeling little, Shotaro (little or not) would climb into bed with him so that he didn't feel alone.

"A story? Sungie, I..." Shotaro pouted. He thought he was really bad at storytime and usually didn't like to do it, in or out of littlespace. However, when he looked down and saw his little brother's adorable eyes, he sighed and nodded.

He climbed into the bed, still holding on to his own otter stuffie and Sungchan giggled, waving the arm on his deer Beanie Boo.

"What'dya wanna hear, Sungie?"

Sungchan stuck his tongue out in thought, furrowing his little brows. "Uh... dunno."

"You want Taro to pick?" Shotaro asked, Sungchan nodding and muzzling farther into bed. Shotaro laughed and patted Sungchan's head before thinking for a moment.

"Otay... uh... once upons a time... there a Deer in the forests! Yeah! It love running an playing an singing an rapping!" Shotaro began, the other little's eyes becoming wide as he squeezed his stuffie tighter.

"Woah! Sungie wike!"

He giggled and started again. "But, Deer felt alones. 'Cus the other creatures no play with him."

"Who?" Sungchan was totally invested in it now.

"Well, it was two kitties, two puppies, two cuddly bears, two hoppy bunnies, two lion, a octopus, a a pretty fwower-" Shotaro stumbled over the word 'flower', but kept going. "- a peaches tree, a birdie, a dino an a unicorns, a sheepie friend, a meanie fox, a playfuls dolphin, an' a strange widdle mouse!"

"Woah! Zoo! Zoo!"

"It like a zoo! Good job, Sungie!" Shotaro praised, giving the younger a smile. "Deer want to play with the other zoo animals, but the meanie zoo-people said no."

Sungchan made a face. "Ew! Yucky, meanie zoo!"

"Still, the animals play with Deer! And a Otter swam to them an asked to play. The Otter wanna dance with them! But the zoo-people say no."

Sungchan pouted "Why not?" He asked, Shotaro shrugging.

"I dunno... But it otay! 'Cus the Deer ask the Otter if he wanna play together! An Otter say yes! So they not alone anymores!" Shotaro beamed, Sungchan grinning widely. "And it just the two of dem, but is otay! They dances and sings together!"

"Is awone?"

Shotaro looked around their room at the starry nightlight projecting onto the ceiling. "Yeah... they alone sometimes. But they dances and sing and play together and is all they need!" Shotaro exclaimed proudly, making Sungchan smile again before it faltered.

"No be awone fowevers... gonna be wike Deer an Ottew?" Sungchan asked, yawning. Shotaro looked at him with sad eyes and kissed the baby's head.

He really hoped it wouldn't be like this forever. He really hoped they'd be put into a unit and it be more than just the two of them. He'd really hoped that that unit understood their coping mechanism as well, but that was all up to hoping.

"I hopes so, Sungie. We gonna be just like the Otter and Deer, don' worry!" He smiled and closed his eyes, hoping that one day, that might just be true.

A/N: Give Shotaro and Sungchan a unit, SM! They deserve it!!
Anyways, hi! I'm back with an update! I'm sorry if the story was a little bit too on the head, but my mind is sort of... occupied right now. There's a tornado warning for my area and I'm really worried that my street is gonna get hit badly.
I hope nothing too bad happens, but just in case I am prepared.
Stay safe, loves! 💚
- Max