🌸 Many Ways to Love (Valentine's Day Special) - SEVENTEEN 🌸

Fandom: Seventeen
Little(s): Chwe Hansol | Vernon, Lee Chan | Dino, Lee Jihoon | Woozi, Jeon Wonwoo, Hong Jisoo | Joshua, Xu Minghao | The8
Caregiver(s): The rest of SVT❤️

Summary: Vernon used to love Valentine's Day, but now he doesn't really.

He feels insecure that his expression of love (specifically towards Seungkwan) isn't enough, but soon realizes that there are many different ways to love.

--------------------- 🖤 ---------------------

Vernon loved Valentine's Day! He remembers the holiday being so fun as a younger kid, going to his elementary school and receiving treats and gifts and drawings of all sorts from his friends and classmates. It was the most fun day of the year because any other time, treats and gifts would get confiscated by the time he gets home and never seen again. But Valentine's Day? Nobody ever took anything then.

However, when he got older, he didn't seem to love the holiday as much. Because it was all about love and romance after a certain point, all about meeting that special someone and having butterflies in his tummy.

Vernon hasn't quite felt that before because he struggles with all emotions, its that simple. It's not just "love" that confuses him.

Hansol Vernon Chwe is on the autism spectrum.

It's a pretty big part of his identity. He doesn't talk much simply because he doesn't feel compelled to. He apparently talked a lot as a kid, but grew quieter as he got older. Eventually, he just became nearly completely non-speaking, unless he absolutely has to. He is sensitive to loud noises and isn't great at regulating his facial expressions -much to the amusement of his bandmates.

But perhaps the most frustrating part of Vernon's condition is his struggle to express his feelings. He doesn't talk much and he doesn't naturally do the proper responses when someone is happy or when someone is sad -he barely registers the emotion at all, to be honest.

And Vernon doesn't know how to express how much he loves his caregiver and best friend, Seungkwan. He thinks he isn't good at it and hopes Seungkwan doesn't hate him for being so aloof.

Actually, he's been pouting about it all day, dragging a baby blanket behind him as he paced around the dorm. Everyone had the day off, which was super  rare. Vernon chewed on his nails and waddled around, bordering between his big and little headspaces as he thought anxiously about himself.

He didn't even notice Seungkwan come into the room until he'd crouched down next to him and took his free hand, placing it in his own.

"Hey. I see your blankie right there. Are you feeling little, Nonie?" Seungkwan crooned, smoothing gentle circles in Vernon's palm. Without making eye contact, the little nodded in frustration, not knowing how to convey what he's feeling and why he's feeling it.

But Seungkwan seems to understand anyways, getting up and disappearing to another room, leaving Vernon alone. Vernon was about to pout and pace around again, before the door clicked open and Seungkwan popped out with craft supplies in his arms and their bandmates trailing behind him.

Vernon was about to ask what was going on, before he noticed Jihoon in Soonyoung's arms with a pacifier in his mouth and Jisoo trailing behind Seungkwan excitedly, trying to tug away the construction paper and scissors (to no avail).