🌸 Language Barrier - SEVENTEEN 🌸

Fandom: SEVENTEEN
Little(s): Joshua Hong (2)
Caregiver(s): SEVENTEEN

Summary: Joshua gets upset sometimes because he doesn't really understand his hyungs in little space. He isn't the best with Korean when he regresses, so the others try to meet him halfway.

--------------------- 🖤 ---------------------

"Baby, I'm sorry. I don't know what you're saying." Jeonghan apologized, kneeling down to Joshua's level. The little stared up at his bandmate, tears brimming in his eyes.

He just wanted hugs! How hard was it to give him a hug?

Apparently very hard. See, when he regresses, Joshua's Korean vocabulary is very limited. He understands small words, like "baby" and "no", but otherwise he's too little to remember certain things. And the members would probably understand Joshua if he spoke actual English, but when he babbles broken English words, well...

"WA' HUGGY!" Joshua yelled, tossing his pacifier at Jeonghan, but missing and accidentally hitting Jihoon instead. It made the others laugh, much to his dismay.

If Joshua wasn't throwing a tantrum, the others would find it incredibly cute and endearing. Unfortunately for them, the little is screaming at the top of his lungs and they need to get him under control.

And in order to do that, they have to figure out what the hell he's talking about?

"Shua! Stop yelling!" Seungcheol groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"NO-" The little began, before a crack of thunder cut him off. He whimpered and curled in on himself in terror, face flushed.

"Baby?" Soonyoung bent down to Joshua's level and held his arms out. For a second, the little's eyes lit up and he hugged Soonyoung tight, but all he did was carry Joshua off of the floor and to the kitchen so that he could sit in a chair.

Joshua was less than happy when Soonyoung let go of him.

"What's the issue, little one?" Wonwoo asked softly. Joshua was getting annoyed now, scowling at the other members.

"Dun' wike wain! No wain!" Joshua huffed, glancing from the members' faces to the kitchen window where rain pattered at the panes.

"What's he talking about?" Seongcheol whispered, only for the others to shrug on confusion.

"Wain! No wain!"

"'Wait?'" Dokyeom asked, perplexed at the little's speech.

Joshua huffed and looked up again at the others. "No, wain!" He raised his voice again before jumping as another crack of thunder sounded. The little whimpered and crawled away, towards the sofa where his blankie sat.

He grabbed the blankie and wrapped it around his head and his shoulders, shutting his eyes and muttering to himself.

"I don't know, man." Dokyeom shrugged, glancing worriedly at Joshua.

"Maybe he needs to be put down for a nap. Or maybe he's hungry!"

Mingyu shook his head and scoffed. "Hao and Vernon went to the store to get something to eat. But it's taking them long enough though, huh?"

Poor Joshua simply wanted hugs because the thunderstorm outside scared him. But he couldn't quite pronounce "rain", and it sounded muddled and confusing. So here he was, regressed and wanting attention... but nobody knew what he was talking about!

Vernon and Minghao walked in just then, holding large bags and smiling ear to ear, despite being drenched in rainwater.

"We brought food!" Vernon grinned, holding up the bags before noticing Joshua pouting on the floor with his arms folded. His smile fell and turned into concern instead. "Shua? Are you okay, baby?" He asked, switching from Korean to English.

Joshua made grabby hands towards Vernon, shaking his head. "No wain. Wa' huggy..." He sniffled, speaking as a baby might. His eyes were glossy with tears.

The other members stared at each other in bewilderment. They were grateful for Vernon being there now, because with only ten of them before, even Dokyeom didn't really know what Joshua was asking for, the pronunciation more like babbles and whines than anything else.

Vernon crouched down and nodded, placing his bags down on the floor and opening his arms. "You want cuddles, little one?"

Joshua fell into Vernon's arms, nodding. "Mhm. Wa' cuddle."

"He wants attention. I don't think he's feeling well, especially with the rain right now." Vernon whispered to the others in Korean, the other members nodding and gasping.

"Oh. I feel stupid now." Seungkwan muttered with a red face, looking outside at the rain and back at the little. Now that he thought about it, it was kinda obvious.

Dino's gasp was the loudest though, diving down in front of Vernon and Joshua. He hugged the little closer to him, practically snatching him from Vernon.

"Oh, cutie! I'm so, so sorry for not understanding you! Don't worry, we're gonna protect you from the rain and the thunder!" He held onto Joshua tight. "Especially your totally-absolutely-definitely-favorite bubba, Lee Chan!"

Joshua didn't really know what he was saying, but he giggled and smiled now that he was getting the attention and affection that he'd been asking for. Vernon rolled his eyes, patting Joshua's head and whispering about the "silly rain" not being able to get Joshua ever again.

"Why're the two youngest so good with little Shua?" Junhui muttered to himself. "Wish he paid this much attention to me."

"Who knows?" Minghao shrugged, looking at the little now cuddles up between Vernon and Dino. He held up the bags that Vernon had dropped and started walking to the kitchen with the others in tow. "Don't overwhelm the baby, we'll all give him the attention he deserves soon enough. For now, let's make ourselves useful and prepare this food, yeah?"

A/N: This is my first SVT work, I'm sorry if it's kinda ooc. I'm just now starting to get into SVT because my best friend is really into it, so uh... yeah.
(Also, I know Dino's name is Lee Chan but I think Dino's cuter in opinion and I'm used to calling him that lmao)

I hope you all enjoyed it! I'm nervous to post this one, so I hope it's well received!