🌸 "Peek-A-Boo!" - NCT 🌸

Fandom: NCT
Little(s): Huang Renjun (0-2), Liu Yangyang (3-5), Lee Donghyuck | Haechan (2-3), Osaki Shotaro (5-6)
Caregiver(s): Lee Jeno, Na Jaemin

Summary: Jeno and Jaemin really can't get enough of their cute, little babies! Renjun really, really likes peek-a-boo, but Donghyuck does too, even though it's a "baby game".
His caregivers assure him it's alright.

(And also, I just really like 2000-line. This is lowkey self-indulgent)

• • 🌸 • •

"Oo!" Renjun cooed, reaching his hands out for Jaemin, who stood over him and waved a plushie over his head. Jaemin smiled softly as his baby babbled and tried to reach for the stuffed fox.

Renjun and Donghyuck sat on a large yellow blankie together, Donghyuck taking a nap and Renjun wanting to take his soon. Shotaro watched cartoons in the same room, giggling every so often from his seat in his beanbag chair. Yangyang colored messily in his Care Bears coloring book while Jeno supervised and handed him crayons when he asked nicely.

"Neno? Can I has puwple, pwease?" Yangyang lisped, looking at his caregiver with doe eyes. Jeno smiled and handed his baby the purple crayon, Yangyang's eyes lighting up as he continued to messily color in the cartoon bears.

Shotaro was giggling at something on the television and every time he did, his little legs would kick out adorably. Jaemin found it incredibly endearing, found all of it endearing; This little paradise they've made, he wouldn't trade for the world.

Jaemin finally surrendered the plushie and Renjun squealed when he dropped it, grabbing it and hugging it tight, babbling something to it as Jaemin ran his hand through the baby's short, black hair.

"Oh? What's that baby?" Jaemin asked, chuckling. Renjun made more nonsense noises, swinging the plush fox around and squirming. Jaemin gasped in faux amazement. "My baby is so smart, isn't he? Oh yes, he is! Yes he is!"

"Boo! Boo!"

"You wanna play peek-a-boo, love? Is that it?" Jaemin asked, Renjun now biting the corner of this blankie. On the other side of the room, he could hear the muffled sounds of a cartoon and Shotaro's small giggles as he pried the blanket from Renjun's mouth.

As the baby was about to cry -he really seemed to want to eat the blankie! It was tasty!- Jaemin placed his hands over his eyes. Renjun was confused; Where did his dada go? He was right there, wasn't he?

Wide, innocent eyes looked around before Jaemin opened his hands to reveal his smiling face, whispering a cheery "peek-a-boo"!, which made the baby giggle uncontrollably. Head thrown backwards, Renjun giggled and squirmed around, absolutely delighted with Jaemin's game.

Renjun giggled and giggled and giggled some more until he yawned, little limbs sprawled out sleepily.  He babbled softly as his eyelids began to droop. Jaemin smoothed through the baby's hair, lulling Renjun to sleep rather quickly.

Jeno walked in, as if on cue, with Yangyang trailing right behind him. "Yangie's feeling extra small right now, so I'm putting both Renjun and him down for a nap." Jeno explained, picking up Renjun gently. The baby whimpered softly and clung onto his caregiver, babbling gentle half-asleep nonsense as Jeno carried him away.

"No sleepy, Neno!" Yangyang whined, but it was clear in the way that the toddler tugged on Jeno's sleeve tiredly that he was. Jeno and Jaemin both cooed and Jeno led Yangyang upstairs, Renjun in his arms.