🌸 Fracture - ATEEZ 🌸

Fandom: ATEEZ
Little(s): Kim Hongjoong (4-5)
Caregiver(s): Park Seonghwa
(The other members are also littles and caregivers, but it's mainly focused on Seonghwa and Hongjoong)

Summary: After an accident, little Hongjoong has to go to the hospital. Can he be a big boy for Seonghwa, so that he can feel better?

(A/N: Hello Atiny! This is my first agere work for ATEEZ, so I hope it's good and hope you find it cute! Enjoy!)

--------------------- 🖤 ---------------------

"Hongjoong!" Seonghwa warned, but it was too late; the little in question had fallen off of the kitchen counter after trying to climb it and fell on his wrist with a loud noise on impact. The room was silent and even Yeosang had stopped babbling from the living room when he heard the thud.

After the silence was a piercing scream and Seonghwa dove down onto the ground, immediately trying to calm the boy down. "Oh no! Baby, are you okay?!" He asked, looking for any wounds. Hongjoong only kept wailing, holding his little hurt wrist as hot tears streamed down his face.

"Here's Blueberry, darling! Shh, look at Blueberry!" San ran into the room and waved Hongjoong's blue teddy bear in front of his eyes while Seonghwa shushed him and held him tight. The little kept sobbing and held onto his hurt hand as Seonghwa called a manager.

Soon enough, a manager came to their dorm and Seonghwa had to explain the whole situation. Certain staff members were made aware of Hongjoong's regression as it pertained to his mental health and productivity, same with Yeosang and Wooyoung's little headspaces. So, the manager wasn't too surprised when Hongjoong was found bawling in Seonghwa's arms. Instead, he was surprised by the way Hongjoong's wrist was twisted and ordered for Seonghwa to come with him and Hongjoong to the emergency room.

Hongjoong's crying had died down a little bit when he remembered his usual role as their strong leader. He got into the car and sat politely in the backseat with Seonghwa, holding back tears.

The oldest member hated that even in his little headspace, Hongjoong felt the stress and the responsibility of being ATEEZ's leader. Seonghwa petted Hongjoong's head gently as the car started and drove out of the parking garage. "It's okay to cry, bubba. It's a natural thing."

"No. Is silly." Hongjoong hiccuped, trying his hardest to breathe through the pain and not look at the injured hand.

Seonghwa pouted. "No, it's not." He insisted, but Hongjoong didn't seem convinced. Ever the Scorpio, Hongjoong refused to cry anymore and only occasionally sniffled to himself about the pain.

When they got checked in with the doctor, Hongjoong was still holding back tears. Seonghwa had whispered sweet nothings into Hongjoong's ears between filling out basic paperwork, reminding him of how strong and brave he is.

Eventually they were taken to see the doctor. Seonghwa had followed along as Hongjoong's caregiver, which confused to doctor at first.

Then, when he'd asked what happened and why they were being seen today, Hongjoong only babbled about falling from the countertop and how much the "ouchies" hurt. Then Hongjoong refused to let go of his teddy bear. When the doctor had asked Seonghwa to leave the room and give Hongjoong some privacy, Hongjoong wailed and held onto Seonghwa's hand tighter.

The doctor looked at Seonghwa quizzically, nudging his head towards Hongjoong. Seonghwa let go of Hongjoong's hand to whisper something to the doctor, making him gasp and nod in realization.