🌸 Teddy Bear (Part 2) - NCT DREAM 🌸

Fandom: NCT DREAM
Little(s): Huang Renjun (0-3), Lee Donghyuck | Haechan (1-4), Na Jaemin (5), Zhong Chenle (0-2), Park Jisung (0-1)
Switch(es): Mark Lee (4-8), Lee Jeno (3-5)
Caregiver(s): Osaki Shotaro, Jung Sungchan

Summary: The Dreamies are all littles, and after a tiring comeback, they all regress at once! Mark and Jeno try keeping it together, but what happens when one slips? Can the other care for the littles, or do they need help from a special pair?

————— 🖤 —————

"Hello, hello!" Shotaro chirped, opening the door slowly. He raised his left hand, which had a bag full of food. "We wanted to have a meal with you all, but I got scared that something was wrong. None of you opened the door!"

Mark stared at the two, mortified. He hugged Berry closer to his chest and wished to disappear.

Jisung crawled from his blanket and to Sungchan, tugging on his pant leg and squealing. Shotaro looked at him curiously, with wide eyes.

"Sungchan? What's going on?" He asked, confused as to why Sungchan wasn't asking any questions. Sungchan simply looked at Shotaro with a smile and put down his bag of food, instead picking up Jisung and cradling him in his arms.

Both Mark and Shotaro were beyond confused.

Sungchan picked up Jisung with a groan and grinned at him, the baby copying his face. He switched to a dramatic pout and Jisung copied that too, before giggling and sticking his hand in his mouth.

"Oh, Jisungie is feeling little, isn't he?" Sungchan asked rhetorically, Jisung only sucking on his fingers in response. Sungchan chuckled and looked at the others -Jaemin on the couch, Jeno and Renjun finger-painting, Chenle eating something off of the floor, Donghyuck cuddling a squishmallow, and Mark, who stood in the middle of the dorm living room, clutching a stuffed bear.

"Mind telling me what's going on?" Shotaro whispered, raising an eyebrow at both the littles and at Sungchan. Sungchan placed Jisung on the couch next to Jaemin and turned back to Shotaro.

"They're littles. They think they're babies, it's a whole thing." He explained softly, pointing to the bags of takeout. "Can you take the food to the kitchen, Taro?"

"Yeah! 'Cus we stwessed an' stuff! Little!" Jaemin chimes in, Sungchan ruffling his hair. Shotaro carried away the food, still bewildered at the Dreamies' behavior.

"Yep. It happens when people are under a lot of stress or as a trauma-response. It's a defense mechanism." Sungchan explained when Shotaro returned. Shotaro furrowed his eyebrows, but knelt down cautiously on the floor, where Renjun and Jeno painted.

They had large sheets of white paper, but it seemed like the paint was getting everywhere but the page. Shotaro watched in amazement how Renjun -with all the innocence and imperfection of a child- smeared red and green paint all over his paper, giggling to himself after he did it.

"I guess they have been pretty busy lately, huh?" Shotaro whispered, watching in awe. Something about it was so adorable, so innocent, so flawed. Renjun, who was usually such a perfectionist, didn't care about straight lines or composition or whatever. No, he just liked the colors. He liked making things, not being perfect.

"How do you know about this?" Shotaro asked cautiously.

Sungchan shrugged. "I used to be a little when I was a teenager. I was a trainee for like, forever. That's pretty stressful, y'know?"