A/N

Comrades in fighting canon,

Hi, this is your distinguished bastard of an author speaking (writing). It's been a year, right? A long, tedious that we all wanted to end, to be perfectly honest. It's been kinda exciting too. From an abrupt shift to the digital world to my next stage of life to being a kinda good author to visiting a psychiatrist, spiralling into depression and anxiety to getting vaccines to hectic life to a scary ass virus to crumbling economy to—

I'll stop there. A year wouldn't be enough to describe this gargantuan shit biscuit that was 2019 and the year after that and the year after that. And I know you're not here for that. You're here for the fluffy stuff after you've switched off the television that's been shrieking the same.

So, this particular story—well, uh, my brain kinda forced me to write after I had read The Half Blood Prince for the eighth time. Somehow, Percy Jackson and Harry Potter collided and thus was born—Perco.

It's a huge bloody mess, I know. The idea was divine to me though, two broken souls coming together to become whole again, ah. And also, I just wanted to write about the greatness of Slytherin.

A major reason that this work was slow with its updates and discontinued for so long was that it didn't really vibe with the aesthetic my brain had smoothied up. While I imagined sprawling ocean, seagulls talking and melting strawberry ice cream, all I got was a suspiciously brown looking half chewed ice with a little umbrella atop of it.

Doesn't spark joy.

The second reason was that when you read the story, you will absolutely get a weird sense of déjà vu. If you did, ha! You're in tumblr! (or Pinterest?). This story is like a master list compilation of half cooked headcanons with the flavour packed magic packets found on tumblr. From the interaction among the characters to the love scenes inspiration was drawn from other people, movies, tv shows, friends & family and very rarely, from my brain. Perhaps that's the real reason, I couldn't write other peoples views on emotions I haven't experienced or that don't really merge with my own.

It might look good but the ah, mah heart was missing and that's very important personally for me when I read a book. During the span of this story, I've changed so much as a person and a creator. In the unannounced break I took, I've been trying to get my shit together and have taken measures towards improvements. I've been learning the intricacies of human emotions and to form an opinion upon it, to make it more realistic than a blank bubble for the characters to say the dialogue I thought was cool.

In short, yes, you can except new original stories from me. How long will it take? I don't know. Is that going to be as long suffering as this one? Maybe. Will it be good? Yes (...in most aspects).

This story is officially done. The chapter 43 is to wrap up loose ends like the tapestry, Percy's untreated mental illness whilst still being open to interpretation, to new beginnings.

You can expect few bonus chapters with extreme angst/fluff. (I've got three completed drafts in this one and at least 17 drafts of rewrites of this same story).

You got inspired by the elements in this story? My thanks from the darkest corners of my heart, I'm literally crying. Please feel free to use those in your own. BUT, you've to share your story with me <3

It's done then. Thank you, thank you so very much for being on this journey with me. Hope to see you in lots of others too.

With as much love I can offer,
Raven.