19. The Quidditch Trials

• 1st November, 1998, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry •

1st November, 1998, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry •

"Eat something. We don't want you to faint in the field."

With a heavy sigh, she took a spoonful of porridge that tasted blander than usual. Resisting the urge to spit it out, she swallowed it, knowing well that a pair of silver eyes watched her.

"Draco, I heard you were participating in the trials?" Blaise questioned his blond friend in an attempt to take her mind of her own trials.

Draco, catching on where he was going, nodded. "Yes, tomorrow."

"Seeker again?" Theo asked.

Draco shook his head. "Chaser."

"You Percy?"

She shrugged. "Chaser or keeper."

"It is going to be a bloody interesting game if you become chaser!"

She tuned him out as he bubbled on how it would be awesome if she become the chaser.

"I think you'll be a great chaser."

"Uh-Uh." Her tone showed her reluctance to accept Draco's compliment.

"You almost bet me yesterday. And for using a broom for the first time, you were—I hate to say this—bloody brilliant." He lowered his voice so others wouldn't overhear them.

She turned scarlet at his words. "Really?"

"Really." The porridge seemed much tastier than before.

***

The classes flew by. It was soon six and time for the Quidditch trials. Her movements were jerky and shaky as she put on her Quidditch gear. Her fellow 'puffs were trying to lift her spirits up by reassuring her that she will be fine.

"You've nothing to worry about, Percy! Everything will be fine!" Susan said from her bed where she was seated, looking quite amused of how the girl was panicking over a match.

"Yes! You just go out there and wipe the floor with the others!" Megan added.

Percy sighed at the girls and bade them goodbye and exited the dorm after wishing her the best of luck.

She took a moment beside the fireplace to compose herself. A smile graced her face as she was reminded of her Aunt. The dancing crimson calmed her down, washing a calmness over her tensed body. With renewed determination, she set off to the pitch.