23. Tick Tock

• 18th November, 1998, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry •

18th November, 1998, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry •

"What is the answer for question 26?"

"Merlin's ass." Daphne answered Theo's question making him groan.

The others barely held in their laughter. The conversations between Theo and Daphne were always hilarious.

The group was in the library to do their homework. The light drizzle that the clouds had brought in the afternoon had made them retire to the library from the grounds.

"I've always liked the rain. It's peaceful." Luna spoke in a soft voice.

Luna, being the Ravenclaw she was, had already completed her homework and stood near the window, admiring the rain, her fingers playing with her curly blonde hair.

"Yeah, it's beautiful." Blaise agreed with a dreamy sigh, though his eyes were not on the light drizzle outside, but on the blonde.

Percy raised her eyebrow at the half-Italian. She moved her gaze to Blaise's best mate who also had his brow raised with an amused smile playing at his lips. The two shared a look, smirking.

Draco cleared his throat, snapping Blaise out of his trance. "Yes, I like the rain too. It'll help clean a murder."

"You wouldn't need the rain to clean up after you if you used an icicle as the murder weapon." Daphne pointed out.

"That would still leave blood." Percy disagreed. "The best way to murder a person is to choke them."

Megan choked on air. "What in the name of Helga is wrong with you people?!" She exclaimed.

"What?" They shrugged while Astoria shook her head with a sigh.

"You'll get used to it." Astoria patted the Hufflepuff's hand in a reassuring way.

Daphne excused herself to get a couple of books and Theo followed her. Percy sighed, knowing what was to come.

Theo tiptoed behind the blonde girl who had her icy blue eyes set on the bookshelves. The black-haired boy let out a sigh and leaned against a pile of books. The books tumbled down and he fell down on it too.

Daphne looked back, her eyes wide with alarm. The sight of Theo lying face first on the books made her burst into laughter. Tears of mirth spilled from her eyes as she saw him spit out a quill from his mouth, his nose flaring in annoyance. Hearing the tinkling laughter, Theo shifted to lay on his side, his head resting on his palm, a smile spreading across his face. Oh, he could hear her laugh all day.