42. I'm Not Blushing!

• 25th December, 1998, Jackson Manor •

"Draco, Percy," Luna greeted them with her usual airy voice and opened the door wider, gesturing them to come in.

"Merry Christmas, Luna!" Percy gave the blonde a hug making the girl laugh, her radish earrings dangling.

"Merry Christmas, Lovegood," The demigod's companion offered her a smile, a basket in his hand.

"Merry Christmas both of you! Have a seat, would you like some tea or some Hawkmoth juice for the nargles?" Luna asked, gesturing to the patchwork couch.

"No thanks," they answered in sync, settling on the couch she had pointed, their eyes surveying the odd knick knacks in the living room.

"I insist," she looked around the living room and waved her hand. "The nargles will give you bad luck and a cup of tea will help—"

"It's fine Lovegood, we've to get going soon."

The fragrance of herbs that lingered in the Lovegoods' was different from the aroma of cookies he had smelled in his witch's house. As soon as they had figured what they actually were—which had worried him more than he let her know—she wasted no time in pulling him away from her house, making an excuse that the Lovegoods' were moving out of town in a hour which wasn't a lie, yet not the whole truth either.

He, to be honest, was relieved. He needed some time to think and to formulate a plan before meeting her parents. Never before had he did things without a plan, yet his rule had been violated more than a couple of times that year and the witch who had been the reason for that was talking to Lovegood animatedly.

A bark from the basket they had brought with them snapped him out of his thoughts.

"What was that?" Luna curiously eyed the basket.

Percy smirked and taking the cue, Draco shifted the basket to the table and slowly undid the lock. A black flurry figure jumped out of it and hopped onto to the arms of Luna, who almost dropped the adorable animal in shock.

"Merry Christmas!" The couple wished again, now on their feet.

The animal that was smothering Luna's face with saliva seemed to be a normal dog at first, but it's eyes were red as the deepest pits of hell and though small, it's fang like teeth were pointy and sharp, yet it wagged its tail, licking the girl.

"A hellhound," Luna breathed out, dumbstruck for the first time.

"Draco told me you wanted a hellhound, so yeah..." Percy trailed off, retreating a clear as glass whistle from her pocket. "Here, you can only use this once when you wanna call him." She gestured to the pup of Mrs. O'Leary.

Luna took the whistle in a trance, her eyes slightly widened and her lips parted. "But—but, where did you get him?"

"That's a secret, Lovegood." Draco smirked, shaking his head lightly.

His companion nodded with an apologetic smile. "What are you gonna name him?"

"Pup—"

"Ookay," Percy dragged as the two nodded tentatively.

"—tart," Luna finished with a small grin and cooed at the pup.