38. Halo

• 23rd December, 1998, England •

"You challenged a Hundred-handed one for rock, paper and scissors?"

Percy grinned at the blond. "Briares," she corrected him. "Won with a gun."

Draco nodded as his brow rose in surprise. "That's insanely brilliant."

Her grin widened.

"Though the rhyming sucked," he added making her kick his shin. "Ow!" He yelped in pain. "Was that really necessary?!"

"Yes, it was," she crossed her arms. "That was a really good—"

"No, it wasn't," he cut her off.

"It was!"

"Was not!"

"Was!"

"Was not!"

The passersby were amused at the bickering couple on the sidewalk. Though they were literally yelling at each other, the grins on their faces were obvious.

"Ah, young love," a woman in a magenta coat muttered to herself with a smile as she walked past with her beagle.

"Was not!"

"Was!" Draco blinked. "Wait a minute—"

"Yay!" She cried out, jumping like a little kid. "You agreed!"

"That's unfair, you cheated!"

She put her fingers and her ears with a grin. "I can't hear you!" She sang.

He rolled his eyes at her. "Seriously?" He asked with his brow raised.

"Yep!"

He smirked. "And how did you hear that?"

"We're near!" She grabbed his hand and promptly took off towards the cafe that lay ahead, its faded royal blue paint glistened in the first golden rays of the winter morning. He could say that she had chosen the cafe just for the colour of it. The salty air from the sea nearby had worn it down. If you would take the whole thing and send it back thirty years, it would fit there perfectly. Though it was old, it was spic and span. The smell of freshly brewed coffee attacked his nostrils as soon as the telltale tinkle of the bell was heard when they had opened the door.

"Morning Percy," An old lady greeted the demigod with a smile. Though her skin was wrinkled and she looked frail, her youthful voice said otherwise.