20. Predicting My Death? Nothing new

• 4th November, 1998, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry •

The scented candles were starting to annoy Percy. She normally tolerated these sort of fragrance, but the stuffed room and weird knick knacks here and there were starting to suffocate her.

A sudden slam of the door made her and the fifth years look at the side of the room, the only door in the room apart from the trapdoor they had come through.

The woman that came through had huge round glasses and crazy, curly hair. Her eyes were faraway and whimsical. A scent clung to her that Percy recognised as peaches. She knocked down a glass ball from the table in accident, making the only seventh year in the room flinch.

"Sorry about that." The woman's voice was whimsical too and raspy. "I'm Sybil Trelawney, your Divination Professor."

Percy looked at the window beside, wondering will she really have to jump out of the window as Astoria had told her.

She turned just in time to hear Trelawney give them instructions. "Take your prophecy balls and your books out."

She poked the glowing ball placed on her desk. She sat alone at her desk as she didn't have anybody else left to pair up with. She had to take up this class as per McGonnagal's order. McGonnagal wanted her to cover the whole seven years of magical education in one year. Dam McGonnagal.

"You, my dear, oh the horror!" She looked up to see Trelawney pointing a bony finger at her with a horrified stare.

"Uh, yeah?" She tilted her head to the side.

"You've a hard path ahead, dear! A very hard path that promises death. Death is angry, very angry. He will get the soul at the middle of the month that was named after the Roman Goddess of marriage."

"Amazing." She said drily.

Trelawney's eyes widened, if that was even possible and she stumbled back. "You're going to die, child! Have a horrible death! Your sanity taken away from you!-"

She interrupted her rant. "When did I ever tell you I was sane?"

"You're going to die, Jackson! Die! Tortured! And and-!" Trelawney's screams trailed off at Percy's bored expression.

"You done?"

"You'll die in your own pool of blood-!" Percy tuned her out as she listed off horrible ways to die.

Sighing, she shifted her gaze to the window from the quaint, crazy screaming lady. 'I think I'm gonna jump out of the window."