32. He Was Just A Boy

• 16th December, 1998, Black House •

The dinner at the Black House tucked away in between eleven and twelve of the seemingly normal street was eerily quiet. The ever lively bunch were silent. The only sound was the clatter of the utensils and the chewing of food.

Percy knew something was wrong the next moment she walked into the house. The place was welcoming as always with Walburga Black screeching about how she was a disgusting creature and deserved to die and the black halls with creepy people in portraits hanging on the wall. It was contrasting from her ever talking group of friends. She didn't like the looks thrown at her too, like she had insulted their mother. She clenched her jaw to keep her words to herself. She wasn't the one who had begged to be here. They wanted her here to keep an eye on her which they have put as, 'for security reasons'. She had snorted at that. Her mom didn't believe but knew better than to speak against them which would just confirm their suspicions that she will be contacting the deatheaters.

"Percy, how's Hogwarts?"

She smiled at Tonks. The Metamorphmagus and her husband hadn't treated her any different. Actually, they were friendlier than when they were in the last visit. "Good, 'Dora, I haven't blown up the school and that's a good thing and a bit surprising."

Fred and George, the others who were acting normal, burst out laughing. "Tell me-"

"You pulled-"

"Good pranks-"

"Percy!"

She smirked at the twins. "Of course."

"Wait," Hermione spoke for the first time throughout dinner. "You were never accused for any pranks?"

Her smirk grew. "I'm an expert, Hermione."

"I'm keeping a closer eye on you. I'm not letting another prank happen at Hogwarts." Hermione switched to what Ginny called as 'Headgirl mode'.

"Challenge accepted." She smiled at the muggleborn and she smiled back too, but it quickly fell when her boyfriend nudged her.

"Okay," the demigod placed her cutlery on the plate. "What is going on here?" She steepled her fingers on the table.

"Nothing?" Harry's answer came out more like a question.

Percy rolled her eyes. "You guys suck at lying. What exactly is going on here? 'Cause you guys are looking at me like I'm gonna murder you."

"That's because you might." Ron grumbled under his breath.

"Pardon?" She raised her brow at the redhead who was sitting across from her. She heard his words crystal clear though she wanted him to elaborate. She was getting sick of this.