30. That Sly Witch

• 12th December, 1998, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry •

Percy woke up with a groan. Her limbs felt like lead and her throat was parched. Her hears picked up murmurs around her. She couldn't remember a thing and she didn't have her pen. Her eyes fluttered open to only close abruptly at the bright light. She tried again and she blinked to get a clear vision. She sat up or at least tried to.

"Ms. Jackson! Lay down!" She winced at Madam Pomphrey's shrill voice. The medi-witch was by her side in an instant and laid her hands on her patient's shoulders to push her back down.

Percy lay back down with a groan. She was still too weak to fight back the older witch's orders. Blaise was near her too. "Percy!" He exclaimed. "Oh my Merlin, we thought you were dead!"

She let out a chuckle that came out as coughs because of her parched throat. "Water." She croaked out.

Blaise gave her the glass of water from the table beside her cot and helped her to sit up. They watched in awe as every sip she took, her bronze colour of her skin returned. It was a quick recovery than the potions that the medi-witch had given her. Her eyes widened when she caught sight of the window, the storm had ceased and sparkling snow flakes were falling.

"Danny!" Her still hazy memory couldn't remember whether they found him or not. "Is he fine? What happened?" She spewed out questions; her eyes shone with worry as she gripped her sheets tightly.

"Percy, he's fine. We found him near the memorial. He's resting." Blaise spoke calmly and gestured to the cot beside her where the first year slept. His normal pale skin had returned and his lips had turned rosy again.

She let out a sigh and left her sheets. She frowned. "Draco?" Her heart hammered against her chest. What if something had happened to him? That would fall on her. If she hadn't gone, he wouldn't have come and hurt himself. Oh no! He was limping-

"He's fine." Blaise's voice brought her out of her worries. "We gave him sleeping draught. A twisted ankle, that's all."

She ran her hand through her hair as her shoulders slumped in relief. Though she couldn't help but feel guilty when she saw him on the cot across her.

"But, Percy, what happened to you?"

She raised her eyebrow at the half-Italian. "Me?"

He nodded and elaborated when he saw the confusion in her eyes. "You turned pale, like really really pale. And merlin's pants, your eyes turned black! caro dio, eravamo così preoccupati!"