33. My Biggest Fear?

• 16th December, 1998, Black House •

"Good news for you all," were the first words spoken by Percy after their argument.

The clatter of the utensils and any other movement stopped in the dining hall where the family had gathered for breakfast that morning.

"I'll be out of your hair on Thursday," She continued, her eyes set on her plate.

That was all. After that, the green-eyed girl had taken refuge in the room that she shared with Hermione and Ginny.

—————

It was around noon when Percy decided to grace the others with her presence.

"What are you all doing?" She casually leaned on the doorway to the drawing room. She looked much lighter than they had seen her in the morning. She even had a smile on her face.

"Cleaning the room. This place is filled with doxies and all other sort of pests," Hermione answered.

"Can I help?"

"Of course dear! But first put these on, I don't want you getting sick!" Molly, who had appeared behind her, piped in and gave her a pair of gloves and a mask.

Percy took the protective equipment and put it on. She was particularly careful while putting on the glove on her left hand to not irritate her scar. Ron and Ginny determinedly avoided her while Hermione and Harry gave her apologetic looks for last night which she waved off.

They worked in silence expect the sudden curses and cries of pains when a creature managed to take a bite.

"Why are you smuggling these?" Percy whispered to the youngest Weasley as they cleaned a dresser together.

Ginny's eyes widened at the fact that another person had actually noticed it. She looked around to see whether Hermione had noticed it.

"Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me." The ravenette whispered again. She, on the other hand, was expert in being stealthy. Nobody could say that she was talking if they don't observe closely.

"Fred and George use these to experiment their products," She said with a sigh.

"Oh, I see. I've heard a lot about their shop. What do they exactly do?"

The redhead's eyes lit up with mischief and she started a huge explanation on what they do.

Ron scowled when he heard the two girls laugh again. He couldn't believe that his own sister would betray him. He knew that he was being a major jerk by not giving the granddaughter of You-Know-Who a chance, but he was just being safe. He could never get the image of Fred lying motionless on the floor. Thank Godric, his elder brother had lived, or he would have gone bonkers.