8. When Was I Ever Normal?

• September 2nd, 1998, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry •

"Maybe you are half-veela which makes your magic stronger. It would make sense and also explain how unnaturally beautiful you are! Or you are half human and half any other magical creature!"

"Hades, Blaise. And I thought my thoughts were weird," Percy made a face at him to which the said person huffed.

The two Slytherins and the Hufflepuff were walking around Hogwarts hoping to teach the courtyard to meet up with their other friends for the free hour. They were resuming their conversation that they started in the transfiguration classroom.

The three pondered over it trying to make a logical explanation. And Percy was questioning her idea of befriending Blaise as he had the most weirdest explanations. It reminded her of a certain son of Hephaestus who burst into flames in the most random moments, Leo Valdez or rather Leo Mcshizzle Flaming Valdez.

"Or maybe it's because your powers had been locked for all these years?" Percy nodded at Draco's suggestion as, to be honest, she liked Draco's explanations much better than Blaise's.

"And it burst out?" Percy continued.

Draco nodded. "That's why you should be more careful with your magic. Your spiky-needle-thingy today is an apt example,"

"You mean I should learn to control my magic?"

"Exactly with the help of Occulumency,"

"Taking control of the mind, huh? I can do that," Percy said thoughtfully.

"Have you had any experience with Occulumency?" Blaise questioned.

"Not exactly. I mean there are similar arts to Occulumency in the muggle world and I have been practicing it,"

"Then learning Occulumency won't be that hard as a lot of things that muggles have were actually taken from wizards," Draco contributed, faintly wondering why she'd have to learn to block her mind.

Percy shrugged. "I doubt that. I have only read about Occulumency briefly,"

Blaise's eyes lighted up and he snapped his fingers grabbing his friends' attention. "Draco has a book on Occulumency and he is an expert in it too!"

Percy raised an eyebrow impressed as she was aware of the hardships of having control over your own mind. "Oh, really?"

Draco was humble on the outside but on the inside he had been never been so grateful to his late godfather for teaching them concealing his emotions or he would've been blushing and he had a reputation to withhold. A frown appeared on his face as he remembered how being an occulumen helped him during the war and ofcourse that didn't come without the image of the Dark Lord.

"Earth to Draco Malfoy!" He was brought back to reality to see Blaise waving his hand in front of his face and Percy near him, both looking concerned.