6. Getting Settled In Hogwarts

• September 1st, 1998, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry •

Percy muttered to herself as she headed to her common room by the directions from the portraits. She was held back McGonagall who lectured her about being with the Golden Trio. She listened to her patiently for several minutes though her tapping of foot did not help her keep up the patient act. She snapped at her when she called her childish.

Percy accused her being childish. Accusing an innocent only because of her grandfather. She had accused her that she did not know a thing about her and how mature it was to just blame on her for everything she was doing. She had stormed out of the hall after that leaving an astonished McGonagall.

Percy reached the barrels the portraits had mentioned atlast. The entrance to the common room was concealed in a stack of large barrels in a nook on the right hand side of the kitchen corridor. She tapped the barrel two from the bottom, middle of the second row, in the rhythm of 'Helga Hufflepuff', and the lid will swung open.

She nodded her head in appreciation. The common room was filled with Hufflepuff colours. The room had comfortable looking couches and chairs around the room. A fireplace was on the left which made the room warm and encased it in a fiery, calm glow that reminded her of her Aunt Hestia.

She loved it. It felt like home.

The door to her dorm room was in the shape of a barrel. 'What's with the Hufflepuffs and barrels?' She mused.

The others were fast asleep and the only other empty bed in the room was near the window. Her stuff was already there. She opened her blue trunk which had the initials P.A.P.J. It was as she had packed. Clothes and books roughly stacked inside the trunk. She stuck her hand to the bottom and sighed as she felt all the weapons.

She only brought her well concealed weapons and her light armour. She rearranged the clothes in a much more tidier way and took out the three photo frames she had brought with her. One was of the whole camp together even Mr.D and Chiron in his wheelchair. It was taken after the first war. Everyone looked worn out but their smiles were bright. She was in the center crushed in a hug by Grover and Annabeth.

The other was of the Second war with the whole camp. This time she was crushed in between the Seven minus Annabeth. She remembered it. She quickly took the other photo in a haste to stop the memories of it.

The last one was of her Mom, Paul and her with her little sister, Estelle. She smiled softly at her. She was almost two then. She was the one who made her smile for real for the first time after the war.

She placed the pictures on the table next to her bed. She changed into pajamas that she had pulled from her trunk. Soon, exhaustion took over and for the first time in ever she had a dream less sleep.

***

September 2nd, 1998, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry •