26. I Got You

• 23rd June , 1998, Tartarus •

"Are you tired, Percy?"

"No, I'm not." She panted, wiping the beads of sweat off her forehead. "Are you? We could take a break." She offered her best friend.

Annabeth smiled in spite of everything. They were in literal hell, countless monsters were on their tail, they had to encounter arai and lose a friend who was a titan turned good, but they had each other and that was enough.

"You've been carrying me for hours."

Percy's answer was short gasps as she breathed in the sulphurous air, her lungs didn't accept it, but she didn't have a choice.

"Aren't you tired?"

"Why would I be when I'm carrying my only strength?" Her cracked lips formed a smirk.

Annabeth chuckled that was soon caught off by her own coughs.

"Are you okay?" She set her down to check her.

The blonde's eyes filled with tears at the concerned look of the daughter of Poseidon. She didn't deserve to be here. It was because of her, if she had been careful, they wouldn't have to go through this. I'm sorry, Percy.

"Percy, do you think we'll survive?"

"Of course. I have you."

She shook her head, the tears that had welled up in her eyes broke free. "We won't survive!"

"Nonsense. You're just saying that because nobody has."

"B-but-"

She shushed the blonde and pulled her into a hug. "We'll survive and even if we won't, we're together, right?"

She nodded.

"And that's what matters." She stroked her princess curls.

After Percy's disappearance for seventh months, she couldn't let her out of sight. The ever level headed Annabeth Chase's vision had tunnelled when she caught sight of her at Camp Jupiter, she didn't care about going weapon less to the five thousand armed Romans, she just wanted her Seaweed Brain back. Percy said that being together was the only thing that mattered, and she loved her for that.

"Plus, our Tartarus excursion is not that long and we've to get our money back and file a complaint. I don't like it much, the hospitality here sucks."