Chapter 208: Saved

The next morning I was woken up to the feeling of the bus finally stopping. We were at the next venue. When I finally opened my eyes, I saw that Jake was still sleeping, his hair messily falling into his face. I reached out, gently brushing it to the side, hoping not to wake him up. He moved, reaching his hand out for me, keeping his eyes closed. I couldn't help but smile.

"You're awake." I whispered. A smile escaped his lips.
"No I'm not." He sighed, finally peeking one eye open at me. I cuddled closer, maneuvering myself under his arm, nuzzling my face in his neck. I heard him giggle as his hand slowly glided up and down my bare back.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, pulling me closer. His hand then moved down to my stomach.
"Okay, I guess."
"Just okay?" I shrugged.
"A little nauseous, but.. it's nothing."
"Do you need anything? I can get you-"
"Jake, I'm fine."
"Okay, but if you need anything, please-"
"Jake.." I giggled. He bit down on his lip, holding in his smile.
"Alright."

He moved his hand around, gently rubbing my stomach again.
"Feel anything yet?" I asked. He nodded, his smile growing.
"Yeah, but I didn't wanna say anything just in case, you know.. you just put on a few pounds.." I playfully shoved him, giggling to myself.
"Oh, stop it."
"All you've been eating are those stupid oranges, so there's no way you could have." He laughed.
"You're still gonna think I'm cute when I'm huge, right?" I asked. He peeked back over at me, giving me a subtle smile.
"Don't ask silly questions." He sighed, gently kissing my forehead.

"But you know, the pamphlets did say you'd show twice as soon.."
"I don't think we need pamphlets to tell us that, we have twice as many babies." I laughed. He scrunched up his face, his cheeks burning red.
"They help, okay?"

"I am gonna need some bigger clothes though if we're gonna keep this a secret, or everyone's gonna think we're lying about the date." I laughed. He nodded, his smile growing.
"Well, you can wear some of mine." He insisted. I shot him a look.
"Jake, you're not that much bigger than me." He rolled his eyes, playfully shoving me away.
"We'll run up to the store today and grab some stuff to have around. And.. it'll give us an excuse to get away from.. everyone else."

My stomach dropped as everything from yesterday came rushing back. For these few peaceful moments I had been able to forget about the fact that somehow, Travis managed to weasel his way back into my life again. This part of my life that was supposed to now only be mine, and just like everything else.. he was going to try and ruin it.

There was no way he could ever find out about my babies.

"I don't understand how he was even able to get signed to your label. They're not even that good." I sighed. He smirked back at me.
"I love when you talk shit about your ex boyfriends." He laughed, pulling me closer. "Because it would just be way too biased if I said anything."
"You can say whatever you want." I giggled, wrapping my arms around him.
"What even made you date him in the first place?" He asked. My heart dropped. He noticed.

"S-sorry. We.. we don't have to talk about that. I didn't mean that. It doesn't even matter." He muttered. I shrugged, gently running my fingers up and down his back.
"I mean, what always happens? I.. I was young and.. I don't know.. we had known each other forever, I guess at the time it just made sense. And.. he wasn't always like this. He was sweet once but-"
"Alright, alright." He said, cutting me off. "I regret asking." I shook my head, giggling to myself.
"Well, I thought he was sweet." I said softly. "But.. it was just.. basic human decency. And then.. he got hooked on everything under the sun because that's what he thought guys in bands were supposed to do, so.. I did it with him cause.. that's what I thought girlfriends of boys in bands were supposed to do and.. well.."