Chapter 223: I Do

He pulled into the courthouse, turning off the car, looking over at me.
"So.. you're sure?" He asked, flashing me an excited smile. I reached over, gently touching his cheek.
"I have never been more sure." I sighed. He nodded, holding his stare on me before leaning into a passionate kiss.
"Alright." He said. "Then let's go."

I grabbed the gift box as he quickly made his way around to my side of the car, opening the door for me, stealing another kiss before taking my hand and helping me out.
"It's not too late to change your mind." He giggled. I shook my head, peeking up at him.
"Are you having second thoughts?" I asked. He shook his head, smirking back at me.
"Never." He said simply, intertwining our fingers, leading us up to the building.
"Then neither am I."

I felt my heart beating faster, my hands now starting to sweat as he guided me down the hall towards the main lobby. He held on tighter, giving my hand a squeeze.

"Hello, how may I help you?" I heard as we approached the counter.
"Hi, we'd like to apply for a marriage license." He said. I felt my heart jump.
"Alright, now do you have all of the required documentation?" She asked, going into one of her drawers. I peeked up at Jake as he pulled out both of our passports.
"I just need your ID." He whispered down to me. I nodded, quickly going into my bag, handing it over to him.

"Now.. we're able to use that today, right?" He asked. Her eyes jumped from him to me.
"Well, typically no, there's usually a three day wait period but.. for a fee you can waive it." He nodded, pulling out his wallet again.
"Whatever it is, that's fine." He said simply. She nodded, typing away on her computer. I grabbed onto his arm, peeking up at him. He looked over, giving me an enthusiastic smile as he leaned down, gently kissing my forehead.

"Basic ceremony?" She asked. He nodded.
"What ever is quickest." He said. I looked up at him, confused. Quickest? But.. I thought we were doing this to.. savor our time together. Why was he trying to rush it? He then leaned down, whispering into my ear.
"I have an idea for after.. if that's okay?" He asked. I nodded, knowing better than to ever doubt him.

"Right this way!" She said, getting up and leading us down the hall. "It'll be officiated right in here." She motioned towards one of the rooms with a small alter.
"You go get changed." He said softly, kissing the top of my head. "And I'll meet you in here." I nodded, feeling my cheeks burn as I made my way into the bathroom.

I opened the gift box, carefully pulling out the white dress and quickly got changed. Spinning around in what space there was in the bathroom, I admired myself the mirror. It fit perfectly, not too tight but still showed my peeking belly. He was going to love it.

And now.. it was happening.
We were actually getting married.

I took a deep breath, running my fingers through my hair, unable to contain the now permanent smile on my face. I was just.. so happy.

As I walked out into the hallway, I was greeted by the woman behind the counter again, handing me a small bouquet of daisies.
"For you." She said happily, looking me up and down. "You look beautiful."
"Thank you." I managed.

Daisies.
My favorite.

She lead me back down the hall towards the room where I hesitated for a moment in the doorway, taking a deep breath before going in. Jake instantly turned around as he heard me make my way into the room, his eyes getting wide, his jaw dropping. I couldn't help but smile, my cheeks burning red. He kept his eyes locked on me until I was finally standing in front of him. He grabbed my free hand, looking me up and down.

"Wow. You are.. stunning." He sighed. "Oh my god."
"So are you." I managed, feeling tears start to come to my eyes. He laughed, shaking his head.
"Oh, don't even try."
"Well, I think you're beautiful too." I whispered.