CH~30- Letting go or holding back?

Meera's POV

" Fuck! Are you mad ? You can't do that to me.." Krish yelled when I rubbed his back trying to calm him down..

" I am sorry bro.. but I need to leave.." Ansh said facing the other side...

" But can you please bark what the hell happened?" Asked Mahir crossing his arms over his chest.

" An important meeting came up.. and it needs my special presence.. mujhe jana hoga.." he said finally facing us.

" But hua kya hai achanak Ansh? Bas 2 din ki he toh baat hai... Tumhare bina hum kaise engagement karle.. you guys are our family.. " I said looking at him when he gave me a weak smile.

" I am sorry guys.. but I have to go.." he said in a final tone..

Don't know why it feels like something is wrong...
Very wrong..

I dialled Bella's number and heard the ringtone. We turned towards the source to find her walking inside looking her phone..

" Kya hua? Call kyu kar rahi thi?" She asked looking at me.

" See na Bella.. parso humari engagement hai aur Ansh kal he Bahar ja raha hai for some work .." I said pouting when she looked at Ansh.

" Kyu Ansh? Won't you attend your bestfriend's engagement?" She asked looking at him disheartened.

" His work matters to him more than me.." Krish said looking away.. hurt was evident in his eyes and trust me looking at him like this my heart ached badly.

"  I guess Ansh ko jo thik lage wohi karna chahiye.." said Mahir and I looked at him almost baffled.

" Instead of making him understand you are supporting him Mahir?" I asked disbelieved..

" Let him do his job Meera.. we can't compromise work.. and we can't mix personal and professional life.." he continued further.

I gave them a last look and left from there not wanting to loose my calm.

Like their work tops their priority list ... And what about us? Our friendship?
Is Krish nothing to them? Am I nothing to them?

Fine.. do whatever you guys like..
I won't say anything..

Bella's POV

" What was that Mahir? You know right Meera is hurt? And look at Krish.." I asked rudely even though I didn't wanted to

" We can't force Ansh.. if he wants to let go us and our movements and hold back his work then let it be .. " he said looking at Ansh who looked away..
Guilt was evident in his eyes but more than that I saw the pain and hurt in his eyes.

I looked at Mahir who looked at me with a small smile and then I understood why he said that ...

" Then Sania v jayegi tumhare sath right? After all she's your PA.."  We heard Krish looking at him with not so happy expression.

" Never.. my bestfriend does value relationships.." came Meera's voice and I looked at her immediately.

Ansh left a humourless chuckle and said " yeah ofcourse.. that's the reason she's not coming with me.." he said looking at us smiling painfully..

Now why I feel that this is related to Sania?

I looked at Mahir who gave the same look to me..

" Think about it buddy.. I have only you 4 as my family other than Meera.. please.." Krish said looking at Ansh who gave in hugging him.

I nodded at Mahir and left from there dialling Sania who wasn't picking my call.

I tried again but no response.. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to find Meera.