chapter thirty-eight: freedom

"freedom"

"freedom"

flashback

flashback

before mikasa met eren, she was in an 8-month relationship with the president of trost private school's basketball team, rams.

on paper, he was everything you'd expect a girl to fall for: tall, dark hair that framed his sharp jawline, tattoos etched along his collarbone, and a smirk that could charm a room full of people. he wasn't just well-liked—he was adored, idolised even. in another life, maybe he could've been perfect.

but you know better than to believe the surface. perfect doesn't exist, does it? not in this world. and it certainly didn't for mikasa. because beneath the tattoos and the piercing orbs was a darkness so consuming, she got lost in it without even realising. ramzi knew how to play his cards.

he was everything mikasa didn't deserve—manipulative, toxic, the type to wear his cruelty with the same ease as his basketball jersey.

you could still hear the venom in his voice. the things he said to her...they echoed in your mind as if they were whispered in your ear.

ugly, stupid, pathetic, boring, brain dead, useless, uninteresting, unfuckable, flat, desperate, needy, insecure, basic, annoying.

imessage
ramzi🤍

mikasa
why do i have to keep sending you nudes? i don't want to anymore.

ramzi🤍
why not?

calling ramzi...
call declined

ramzi🤍
if you're not gonna send them, don't call. i don't have time for your bullshit right now. i'll just find someone else to fuck. it won't be hard to find someone with bigger titts and an ass. actually wait, what was your friend's name again? (y/n)? she's pretty hot and looks fuckable.

mikasa
why would you say that? she's our friend!

ramzi🤍
because you're bitching around and wasting my time.