Chapter 14: A Period Of Recovery And 2 New Sparring Buddies?

3rd POV

Carrying Yap all the way back to Mondstadt's Church of Favonius, Barbara was there.

Barbara: Oh, Honorary Knight, Paimon! It's you two. (Looks at Eula)  Oh, Eula. (notices she's carrying Yap on her shoulder)

Aether: Sorry Barbara, no time for small talk. Can you heal him immediately?

Barbara: H-huh? O-oh. Of course! Follow me.

Leading them to where they treat the wounded, Barbara told them to gently lay Yap on the bed so that she could use her Vision's powers on him.

Eula gently laid him down at one of the beds provided.

Timeskip

Barbara: That's done for now. I cannot say when he'll recover but it's important to let him have some rest for now.

Eula: .. Thank you, Barbara.. [Don't you dare die on me, Yap..]

Barbara: Don't mention it. It's my duty after all.

???: Snowfrost Knight Yap, injured? This is something unexpected.

Barbara: Sister Rosaria.

Rosaria: (examining Yap) He must've exhausted himself due to overuse of elemental powers inside him. 

Aether: That's what we were tasked to do. He'll be alright, right?

Rosaria: Assuming if he survives, that is. Thanks to Barbara, most of his wounds are healed. But it will take time for him to be awake. There's no way of telling how his body's doing inside.

Eula: ... Can I stay here and watch over him until he recovers?

Barbara: You don't have to worry about that, Captain Eula. The Church will-

Eula: So it's a no? (huffs) Fine.. At least can I visit him daily?

Barbara: If you're visiting him.. then it should be alright.

Rosaria left the scene seeing as she won't be needed in the scene, telling Barbara that she'll be going somewhere.

Aether then gave Eula Yap's weapons which she'll put in the dorm for him to collect later.

Timeskip 3-5 days

Yap's POV

It's.. dark. Wait a minute. 

Opening my eyes, and then looking around,  Eula was holding my right hand, her head rested on the right side of the bed.

Reaching for my left arm, I gently caressed her hair and patted her head.

Yap: (softly) Eula. 

Eula: Hmm...? (slowly looking up)

3rd POV

With Yap now waking up at last, Eula was awaken from her nap by Yap.

Eula: Y-you're awake...

Yap: (smile) That I am. 

Eula started to shake and before Yap could ask her what's wrong, she hugged him tightly, sobbing a little on his shoulder.

Eula: I-I-I thought you'd never wake up again! You had me worrying for nearly a week about your condition!

Yap: (unable to say anything in return and instead just lets her continue hugging him and pats her head to reassure her) [What.. happened after that? I know Yalter's gone for now but.. there's no telling when it'll be back for more. And I'll have to be stronger now. To make sure such a thing will not happen again. I'll probably need a strong opponent that I can duel with to further hone my skills.]