Chapter 68: An Intriguing Situation

3rd POV

Yap: [Quite an interesting mere happenstance..  Now the only thing left.. Would Miko be joining?]

After the day passes as usual for everyone in Teyvat, night soon falls. Yap heads back to Ritou, climbing onto a tree before using his Cryo vision to subtly, and steadily make himself fade into the background while still keeping a close eye on the warehouse where the sightings of a person entering and exiting at intervals, especially coming out with boxes.

Not long after, Yae Miko herself arrives.

Yae Miko: [Hmm.. strange. He wanted me to check out something, but he himself isn't here? Just where'd he go?]

For Yap, having seen Yae Miko now standing around and turning her head around, as if trying to find for someone. Forming a small ice lance, he sends it just barely hitting her. Turning around, she greets him.

Yae Miko: My, so you were up there the whole time? Quite good use you have there, Yap.

Yap: (Hidden from view for normal people) That's right. Anyway, patience for now, Miko. The preys will be here any moment now. I suggest you-

Yae Miko: Find a place to hide? (Gently scoffs) Oh, please. I don't have to.

Yap: ....And why is that?

Yae Miko: I have my ways, remember?

Yap: [...Ah. That's right. She IS a youkai, after all.] (stifled chuckling) Right.. right.. That you have, Miko. That you have. Now then, let's play the waiting game.

Short timeskip

They didn't have to wait long because their victims- I mean preys- No, wait. I mean targets- Ah, fuck. Not that. Preparators. Yes. Preparators. Soon arrive to the scene.

Yae Miko: (Has herself hidden somewhere near Yap, possibly even with him) ... Hmm.. Onodera and Zhenyu, otherwise known as Xingqiu, eh?

Yap: (A little surprised but continues keeping an eye on Xingqiu and Onodera) You know them?

Yae Miko: (Nods) Indeed. Onodera's an editor at the Yae Publishing House while Xingqiu is an author from Liyue.

Yap: I see... (Continues keeping an eye on them) Still, what will you do next?

Yae Miko: Hm?

Yap: I believe what I just said was clear, Miko. What will you do next?

Yae Miko: (lips slowly curl to a smirk) Wouldn't you like to know?

Yap: ...... Tease them, right? (semi-deadpan)

Yae Miko: (Giggles) Why, yes indeed. Ah, to have someone that fully understands you, that is a rare thing, is it not? (Sighs) Really, Eula's very lucky to have you, you know? Had you been a single male, I might just take you for myself.

Yap: (Surprised) W-wait, what? Miko, are you serious right now?

Yae Miko: (Giggles) Maybe. Still, we got what we came here for, didn't we? Now then, I suppose we should each head back now. Little Eula's bound to worry about you the longer you stay away from her.

Yap: [Ugh..] (Lets out a sigh) Alright, alright. What happens next, I'll leave it in your hands, Miko. Just don't go overboard.

Yae Miko: (Giggles) I would never.

Yap: (Doubts) Sure... sure... Anyway, looks like they're done for now. I don't see either of them coming back.

Yae Miko: Alright, in that case, I bid you good night, Yap. Have a safe trip back to Kamisato Estate now.