Chapter 20: The Nation of Eternity

3rd POV

Yap: Let's go kill some monsters to satisfy ourselves, hm?

Childe: Heh. Now we're talking, comrade. Let's go.

Timeskip off screen Yap and Childe mascaraing monsters in Liyue

When the day finally came..

A Fatui ship was waiting for them as Yap and Childe went onboard. 

The interior of the ship was well made and kept clean. Rations were also provided as sailors often eat more than usual.

Fatui Member: Would you like to try Snezhnaya's alcohol? (Offers a bottle to Yap) It's called Fire Water.

Yap: ??? [Fire Water? Ok then. What's the harm in trying this anyway.] Sure. (Takes the bottle from the Fatui Member's hand who offered him)

As he drank it, Childe looked in amusement.

Childe: I didn't know you're quite the drinker, comrade. (pats Yap's back)

Yap: (Finishes his drink) Not bad. But a tad bit too strong for my taste. I do know some who might like this though. [Kaeya and Rosaria being one of them. Eula I'm not too sure.]

An image of an EXTREMELY drunk Eula flashed into his mind.

Yap: [Yeah, no. I'm NOT taking that chance.]

Childe: Is it now? (shrugs) Everyone has their own preferences in nearly everything. So I probably shouldn't be surprised.

Yap: True dat.

Guizhong: Snezhnaya's Fire Water... I heard it's extremely potent. This young lad here seems to have quite the amount of tolerance to it.

A/N: One thing I should probably make clear. There's a comment by one of the readers earlier as how Guizhong is alive. Well, to answer that, her body's gone, but her spirit remains at Cloud Retainer's Abode until Yap arrives, that is. So whenever Guizhong's speaking, it's actually her spirit that's "talking". For now Yap can't hear her.

Q: Then how did Yap "hear" her voice back in chapter 18?

A: That's because she entered his mind to do so. Since she's respectful enough to NOT go through what actually goes on in there, she went in, gave a message and did a little trolling, and went out of his mind.

Yap also managed to smuggle Tempest with him. How he does is probably very questionably legal.

Tempest: (looking around the interior of the ship) "So this is what humans call a ship? It seems rather amazing! And those foods over there too. Exotic.." (Begins to jump on Yap's head repeatedly while looking at him) "Let's go see how outside is like!"

Yap: (looks up) [Ah. Looks like Tempest's getting a little restless. Though it seems like he wants to go up and have a look.] Hey, Childe. I'll be upstairs for a moment.

Childe: Hm? Alright then.

As he left for the ship's deck, some Fatui came to Childe and asked him some questions.

Fatui: Lord Childe, if you don't mind me asking.. why does our guest have an Anemo Slime as his traveling companion?

Childe: (shrugs) Who knows why... As long as they behave themselves, then we shouldn't have any problems. 

On the deck, Yap and Tempest looked out to the sea, the former felt calm while the latter was excited seeing the workers on deck moving here and there.

Yap: [A wanderer... perhaps had Eula not found me.. maybe that's what I would become.]