Chapter 36: New Competitors?

3rd POV

Zhongli: [Wonder if Alatus is still searching for his lost comrade..]

After dinner, they all called it a day and went to their residences and slept, getting ready for the day ahead.

Timeskip next day

While Aether checked on the progress on the rebuilding of the Jade Chamber, Yap was there too. And the latter overheard something interesting.

Worker 1: I heard that Lady Keqing has gone to Guyun Stone Forest.

Worker 2: I heard a good few of my comrades have been sent over to Guyun Stone Forest. I sure hope they'll be safe out there...

Yap: [Lady Keqing huh... Guyun Stone Forest.. Something interesting should be happening there.] Hey Aether.

Aether: Hm?

Yap: Wanna go to Guyun Stone Forest?

Aether: What for?

Yap: (shrugs) Just wanna have a look around. I've heard that interesting developments are going on.

Aether: I see.. But you go on first on your own. There is still some components we've yet to obtain for the Jade Chamber.

Just then, the partially finished Jade Chamber starts floating to the sky, but still tied down.

Paimon: Look, look, Traveler! The Jade Chamber is floating into the sky! But it seems to be tied down by something...

Baiwen: That's because it's not finished.

Beidou then arrives with Yun Jin.

Paimon: Hey, Baiwen! And hey Beidou! And hey, um... person Paimon doesn't know...

Baiwen: Given the enormous scale of the Jade Chamber, we split the construction work into two phases to make sure the structure remains balanced. Before we find some suitable Plaustrite, we build the Jade Chamber's keel at ground level. Once the Plaustrite is ready, we place it into the keel and let the partially-constructed Jade Chamber rise up to the height of the surrounding mountain peaks. The remainder of the construction work is then carried out at that altitude. Once everything is ready, we release the iron tethers and allow the Jade Chamber to rise to its target altitude.

Yap: Sounds like Lady Ningguang cares very deeply about how the Jade Chamber is like.

Beidou: Oh, hey Yap. Didn't see you right there for a moment. Caring deeply for the Jade Chamber might a little of an understatement since the Jade Chamber's the work of her own.

Yap: (chuckles) That so..? Ah. By the way, Beidou. I've overheard that something's going on at Guyun Stone Forest. Do you perhaps know anything what's happening there?

Beidou: Guyun Stone Forest, huh.. If I'm not mistaken, they should be setting up defenses and all. The Alcor has been outfitted with them too.

Yap: As defense against... "her", am I right?

Beidou: (nods) Still, gotta hand it to ya. Without your warning, we all might just still be going on with our lives, only for it to disappear within an instant.

Another contestant comes in, saying they had materials to submit.

Baiwen: One moment. I'll be right there. The construction work has only been able to progress this rapidly thanks to the Plaustrite provided by you. Lady Ningguang is most grateful and looks forward to seeing more of your work.

Baiwen then leaves, leaving the Vision Holders, sibling finder, and an annoying floating lavender melon that speaks non stop every single damn time.

Beidou: Can't believe you sourced the Plaustrite so quickly — it's the key piece of the puzzle. Looks like you beat us to the punch.