Chapter 40: Gifts For Adeptus

Allie: Oh. Look at it. You're still alive somehow.

Author: Heh. I myself am surprised too.

Allie: Have you tried touching grass?

Author: Yes. Didn't help that much.

Allie: Why?

Author: Well you see Allie. I'm already dead. I can't do shit properly. By which I mean I'm fucking old.

Allie: ... You just started college about 2-3 months ago.

Author: I know. It's kind of killing me. But I'll be fine. I love digging my own grave by making things more difficult for myself than it already is.

Allie: ... Then you completely deserve that.

Author: I know. Now onto the chapter of what might be shitposting again.

Allie: Last chapter wasn't enough of a shit post for you?

Author: (Smug ass face that makes you feeling punching him) N O

Allie: (sighs) Fine. Whatever. Go get writing already. I wanna see some good stuff.

3rd POV

Yap: Come on.

Timeskip

At the Jade Chamber, Yap, who had Tempest on his head, was there with Aether.

Paimon who?

Keqing: Ah, you've arrived. I've made all the necessary preparations and even packed some handmade snacks. Oh, that reminds me, I've also prepared some launch tubes made by Pengyi. I hope the adepti will like them. Is there anything else I should bring?

Aether: I think that should be everything.

Keqing: Good. In that case, let's first pay Madame Ping a visit in the city before heading out to Jueyun Karst. (Notices Yap is with Aether) And Mr Yap.. Mind explaining why you're here?

Yap: No need to pay it much of a mind, Yuheng. After all, think of me as merely tagging along to see if there's anything interesting.

Aether: [He does sound a little suspicious saying that.. But I suppose as long as he doesn't have any ulterior motives, then it should be fine.]

Keqing had the same thought as Aether since both of them agreed to let Yap follow them.

Keqing: Alright. But please do not cause any trouble for me. Or us, in that matter.

Yap: Like I said earlier, be rest assured. That antic earlier I did was only to tease Aether. Nothing more.

Keqing: ... If you say so then.

1st destination: Madame Ping and... Yanfei?

Ping: The festive season is upon us. This is no time to be running hither and thither. You should relax and enjoy the season.

Yanfei: I get it Granny, but you know, having lots of clients is a good thing!

Ping: Hehe, I'm sure it is... But really, child, who could be seeking your help during the Lantern Rite?

Yanfei: You'd be surprised...

Paimon: Madame Ping! Happy Lantern Rite!

Aether: Happy Lantern Rite.

Yap: Happy Lantern Rite to you both. By the way, I heard something about services earlier..

Yanfei: Hello, Traveler, long time no see. Oh, and Lady Keqing is here, too. Ah, that's right! You must've mean me, right? I was talking to Granny and all.