Chapter 66: Tales of Contract and Eternity

Author: This chapter is quite optional since it's more or less a summary of what happened between Chapter 14 to 27. 

3rd POV

Yae Miko: You know I always look forward to your tales, Winter Knight Yap.

Yap: (Softly chuckles) Of course. So, shall we continue where we last left off?

-----

Author: We LaSt LeFt OfF wItH aNcIeNt LiYuE bEsEt By An OcEaN dEmOn AnD a MoUnTaIn DrAgOn.

Allie: ...

Author: Rex Lapis mustered his adepti to restore peace to the land

Allie: Goddamit. Stop before I make you.

Author: (Continues taking lines from Zhongli's demo)

Allie: ....

Allie: I WILL HAVE ORDER

---

Yae Miko: (nods) Of course.

Yap nods 

Yap: Very well. 

Yap then starts telling the story of what happened to him after Yalter.

Yap: I'm not exactly sure what happened per se after.. "that" incident, but I've woke up back at the Cathedral back at Mondstadt when I came to.

Yae Miko: My, certainly sounds like something or rather, some place a main character would find themselves in after such a long battle. Go on.

Yap: Finding Eula beside me, I naturally comforted her next. Then... (sighs) Well, I guess it is pretty much expected anyway.

Yae Miko: She got all worried and told you to not do that again?

Yap: (Chuckles a little) Mhmm. Considering I was out of action at that time, I asked her to spar with me when we had the chance.

Yae Miko: I see...

Yap: After recovering to a well enough state, I sparred with Jean, Acting Grandmaster of the Knights and Eula.

Yae Miko: Did you win?

Yap: [Is she my mother or something?] Not really. Since it was a 1-on-1-on-1, in other words, something like a battle royale. Or perhaps the proper word to describe would be.. a free-for-all but with only 3 contestants. Since me and Eula ended up losing, we had to buy her a meal.

Yae Miko: I suppose what goes on after a while is fluff. Ignoring those aside, what happened next?

Yap: Figures. (Shrugs) So, few days after the spar, that is when I encountered another sparring partner.

Yae Miko: I like where this is going.

Yap: Still, I think you will know him as a certain Fatui Harbinger that was in Araumi shortly after the Vision Hunt Decree was abolished. Codename Childe.

Yae Miko: ..Ah.

Yap: After telling him it's pointless to hide from me, especially his bloodlust, we then sparred with each other.

Yae Miko: And did you win this time? 

She was quite eager to know this time.

Yap: (nods) Quite. Eventually he resorted to using his Delusion powers in an attempt to defeat me. We both agreed to not hold back on each other in the fight beforehand, afterall.