Chapter 56: Everything Is Fine

3rd POV

Yap: Come on Eula. Let's go to the Grand Narukami Shrine.

Eula: Hm? Alright.

Yap: [Miko should definitely know something about this.]

Arriving at the Grand Narukami Shrine, Yap asked one of the shrine maidens there if Yae Miko was present.

Shrine Maiden: (nods) Yes. Guuji Yae is right at the Sacred Sakura.

Yap: Thanks.

Eula: Why are we here for?

Yap: (smirks) Here's where the fun is about to begin, Eula.

Heading to where the Sacred Sakura is, Yap and Eula both find Yae Miko there.

Yae Miko: I wasn't expecting you two to be here today.

Yap: (chuckles) But I was expecting. Anyway. Miko. Have you heard of some urban legend wishing ritual that grants the wisher whatever they desire?

Yae Miko: Hm? Of course. 

Yap: I see. That should make things a bit easier at least. So, you know anything about it?

Yae Miko: Straight to the point as ever, hehe. Alright. 

Before Yae Miko could inquire further, a voice was heard from behind Yap and Eula.

Yae Miko: [Now? At this time?] (mentally sighs) [Here I was hoping for a nice little chat with Yap and his partner. Oh well. Looks like it will have to wait then.]

???: Lady Guuji! Please! Save my brother! H-he's been possessed!

Yap: (Looks at the source of the new voice and sighs) I don't know who you are, nor do I care at this moment. But could you please be more civilized? Me and Lady Guuji here are having some small talk at the moment.

Yae Miko: He's right, you know. So, why are you here for?

Youhei: I am Katou Youhei  and my brother is Katou Shingo. All he's ever wanted is to become a swordmaster, so he once asked Sensei Domon of the Meikyou Shisui Art to take him on as a disciple. Domon turned him away. Took one look at him and said he didn't have what it takes to train in the art of the sword. But my brother wasn't about to resign himself to defeat — he trained every day as hard as he could, and finally proved himself by defeating one of Domon's best disciples in a duel recently. But since his victory, he's been acting extremely strange. It's like he's become a completely different person... The doctors can't find anything wrong with him, so I'm betting it must be the work of an evil spirit. That's why I'm here begging for Guuji Yae's help...

Yap only looks at Youhei for a while before speaking.

Yap: He'll be fine.

Youhei: It's someone's life we're talking about here! Do you not have any sympathy?!

Yap: Quiet down, now.  Sheesh.. Miko, are your guests always like this?

Yae Miko: Sometimes. (sighs) Being a Guuji sure can be rather.. boring at times. And yes, as what Yap said earlier, your brother will be fine.

Youhei: (Points at Yap accusingly) What makes you think you can say that, huh?! (Observes his outfit and Eula's) I get it.. Just because you're foreigners, the lives of Inazuma matters not to you, does it?!

Eula was about to do something until Yap held a hand up.

Yap: Let me handle this, Eula. Sit back, relax and enjoy the show. (To Youhei) What do you take me for? The Fatui? If I'm one...  why would I be here? Why would I be casually talking to Guuji Yae like that, hm?