Chapter 79: Rules Of Nature

3rd POV

Leo: [I underestimated him. I didn't expect him to be this powerful. But I won't back down. Not until I achieve what I came here for.]

The game of cat and mouse continued for Yap and Leo, sometimes Leo succeeding, however, the Blizzardfrost Knight's pursuit has also been increasing in aggressiveness, at the 5th attempt and onwards, he would always land a hit on Leo, even if it's a small one.

With each encounter, Yap honed his abilities, becoming more adept at countering Leo's attacks and landing decisive blows of his own.

On a particular day, Yap's relentless pursuit finally led him to corner Leo in a secluded alleyway, cutting off every possible exit with precise movements and calculated anticipation. With nowhere left to run, Leo found himself trapped, his usual escape tactics thwarted by the Blizzardfrost Knight's unwavering determination.

Yap: (Voice echoing in the alley) There's nowhere left to hide, Leo. It's over.

Leo, realizing the gravity of the situation, frantically searched for an escape route, but Yap's presence loomed over him like a looming blizzard, blocking any path to freedom.

Leo: (Grimacing) You think you've won, Yap? This isn't over yet.

Yap: (Advancing steadily) It's over when you give up, Leo. You can't keep running forever.

As Yap closed in on Leo, the tension in the air crackled with the anticipation of their final confrontation. Leo, cornered and desperate, knew that this could be his last chance to escape the Blizzardfrost Knight's grasp.

Leo: (Voice strained) You may have me trapped now, but you'll regret underestimating me, Yap. I'll find a way out of this, mark my words.

With a defiant glare, Leo attempted to vanish again, only to be held immediately in place by an ice spike prison cage. Walking slowly and steadily, the Blizzardfrost Knight approaches his quarry.

Yap: Mark your words? Sure, I'll mark them alright. It's a straight fail.

Once within range, the Blizzardfrost Knight grabs Leo's right hand and crushes it through sheer force alone, causing him to cry out in pain.

Leo: You..!

Yap: I'd advise you to lay out your plans bare. Or, well, suffer the consequences. You've exactly 179 chances left now that your right hand's crushed. Why are you attempting to take Eula away from me, and why did you chose to sabotage Noelle's chances of becoming an official Knight?

As Leo writhed in pain from the crushing grip of Yap's hand, he gritted his teeth in defiance, his expression a mix of frustration and anger.

Leo: You think you can intimidate me with your brute strength? You're just a pawn in a game much larger than you realize, Yap. I have my reasons, but you wouldn't understand.

Yap tightened his grip, causing Leo to wince in agony.

Yap: Try me. And remember, I have no qualms about breaking more than just your hand if it means getting the truth out of you.

Leo's defiant facade wavered for a moment, his eyes betraying a hint of fear beneath his bravado. Yet, stubbornly, he remained silent, refusing to divulge any further information.

The Blizzardfrost Knight's patience began to grow thinner, now summoning a mace made from his Cryo Vision before bringing it down onto Leo's arm.

Yap: Well? Spilling them? Or continue to remain stubborn?

Leo: You fucking...

Yap: Fucking what? Scum? Vermin? Insect? Leo, I'll have you know I've seen and heard much worse insults.