Chapter 18: Adepti And Opera

3rd POV

Zhongli: Sure. Though there's a very slim chance that we'll be able to meet Ms Yun at this time.

Heading to Heyu Tea House's lower level, they found Yun Jin who seems to be talking to some of the audiences who stayed behind to ask her some questions or showering her with praises. Either way, it should be any of those 2 options. After a while, the audiences who stayed back then finally left.

Audience 1: Oh? Are you people here to meet Ms Yun? If you are, she just said she's not really in the mood for the moment. 

Audience 2: It's a pity. Then again, it's already this late at night so it's kind of understandable.

Audience 3: Yeah. Though we can come back tomorrow.

Yap: That so... alright. (watches as the audiences leave)

Hu Tao: Yo, Yun Jin! How are you doing? I would like to introduce you to a new friend.

Yun Jin: Rather well. Thank you, Hu Tao.

Hu Tao: Hey, Yap. Over here.

Yap: (walks over to where Hu Tao and Yun Jin is) Hello. I'm Yap. Blizzardfrost Knight of the Kinghts of Favonius. I'm currently off duty for now,, thus that is why I am in Liyue. (in a polite tone)

Yun Jin: Nice to meet you, Yap. I'm Yun Jin and I am humbled to be the director of of the Yun Han Opera Troupe . We have been performing at Heyu Tea House as of late, and we'd be honored to have you attend a performance sometime. By the way, there's no need for such formalities between us. You may just call me Yun Jin when I'm not performing opera on stage.

Yap: Then you may simply call me Yap as well, Yun Jin. It is indeed a pleasure to meet you. (Looks at Hu Tao) This friend of mine told me there was an opera performer here and she'd like me to meet you.

Hu Tao: Hehe, that's right! None other than me, HU TAO!

Yun Jin: (notices Zhongli) Oh? If it isn't Mr Zhongli as well.

Zhongli: Still out this late, Ms Yun? I figured you were the type to turn us down immediately.

Yun Jin: No, no. Of course not. Some audiences can be a little hard to deal with, but I'm getting used to it.

Yap: [Reminds me... Wonder if Aether went through something like this. Since people asking for his help and all. At least he's rather efficient at doing it though.] So, Hu Tao. Are you and Yun Jin particularly close to each other?

Hu Tao: Mmm? Well, not really. But we're friends though!

Yap: Ah. So something like casual friends?

Hu Tao: Mhmm! 

The few of them then had some idle talk with each other before one of the senior troupe members told Yun Jin that's enough for the day and she has to prepare for tomorrow.

Yun Jin: It seems I've to leave now. I hope we can meet again soon.

Hu Tao: Sure! Bye Yun Jin.

Yap: Goodbye.

Zhongli: Goodbye.

Heading back to the Parlor, the 2 humans went ahead and slept while the former Archon decided to walk around Liyue a little more.

Zhongli: ... [A city ruled by humans, yet bound to the principles of their former god.. Perhaps it was indeed a wise choice and time to retire when Aether was on his way to Liyue. This has also meant I've severed my ties with.. "them". Life as a mortal takes time getting used to. But I'll have to adapt.]

After done strolling around Liyue Harbor, he told the adepti that he would be bringing a guest to introduce to them.

Timeskip next day