Chapter 72: What A Twist, Eh?

3rd POV

Albedo: No problem. Considering the similarities between the events that took place and the portrait, your proposal is very reasonable.

Xingqiu: Thank you, Albedo.

Albedo: Don't mention it.

Afterwards, Xingqiu's calligraphy training was conducted in Uyuu Restaurant, which he kind of protested, but still reluctantly goes along with it anyway.

At night, while everyone was asleep, Yap was at the plaza in Ritou, seemingly with no purpose whatsoever. He then suddenly stops, calling out to someone.

Yap: I believe attempting to hide is now pointless, yes?

???: (Chuckles) Looks like the Blizzardfrost Knight's quite perceptive of his surroundings. 

Yap: I've already sensed you for quite a while. I'm surprised you'd reveal yourself.

He then turns around to see the face of the one who's hiding.

Yap: .. Scaramouche. 6th of the Fatui Harbingers, aka the Balladeer, is it not?

Scara: So you do know my name. Either you've done your homework, or a Fatui told you. Not that it matters to me.

Yap: Sharp intuition. But whatever. I'm not here for idle chit chat. Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be off at somewhere else in Teyvat for all I could care?

Scara: Pfft.. You sure know how to crack a joke, huh?

Yap: Well, I'll do a better one. You.

Scara: Very funny. 

Both of them only stood in silence as the night wind blew past them.

Yap: I assume a certain Gnosis is still with you?

Scara: Hah, how interesting.. lemme guess. Ajax told you that, didn't he? That rascal.

Yap: So what if he did? I'm surprised your own allies had to send other harbingers just to get that Gnosis.

Scara: If you're telling me to turn myself in, then you must be a naïve one, Blizzardfrost Knight. What makes you think I'll do that?

Yap: Intending to keep it for yourself? Hm, alright then. I won't question why. You Harbingers are not right in the head one way or another anyway.

Scara: Hah, I suppose that is true.

Yap: I would definitely like to pretty much beat some sense into you, but I'm not going to disturb anyone's peaceful sleep. So, I'll let it slip this time.

The Blizzardfrost Knight then pauses for a while.

Yap: Kunikuzushi..

Scaramouche then freezes.

Scara: How.. did you know of that name? (Eyes narrow) Who told you?

Yap: I have my sources, just as you do. Perhaps, in the near or far future, none of us would believe this very moment happening right now but let me have an offer to you.

Scara: And what is that offer?

Yap: You go anywhere else except Ritou and to an extent, Inazuma City, I'll pretend nothing happened tonight. Hell, I'll even keep your name a nice, lil' secret from those people.

Scara: And what's in it for you? (Narrows eyes at Yap)

Yap: (Hums) I'll think of it in the meantime. Let's just say.. You owe me a favor. Don't worry about that lil' chess piece you're holding though. I've no interest in it whatsoever.