Chapter 65: Idling Around In Inazuma

3rd POV

Yae Miko: Your vengeance against me is pointless, you know. Still, remember to drop by here tonight.

Yap: ..Alright. [Still... I don't think I've once taken Eula for a moonlit stroll before? Hmm.. In that case, this opportunity is quite hard to come by.] Actually, yeah. I'll stop by later.

Yae Miko: Now that's good to hear. (smiles) Besides, you wouldn't leave little old me alone now, would you?

Yap: (clears throat) Ahem, Guuji Yae. Phrasing. It only just so happened to me that I never once took Eula on a moonlit stroll before. So I decided to take up on your offer and while at it, have Eula join in as well.

Yae Miko: (stifles a giggle) You've a partner who really cares for you, little Eula. Make sure to cherish the time you spent together well, alright? As... his close friend, shall we put it, I would be most heart broken should such wonderful source of amusement- I mean wonderful tales and teasing if he were to be lonely, all by himself in the dark, empty void.

Eula: (Eula noises)

Yap: I heard that, Miko. While I am deeply grateful you view me as a close friend, still, I only view Eula as.. (slowly looks at her before looking back to Yae Miko) the one I can truly dedicate myself to. Until my last breath, I swear to protect her and break her free from the chains that are holding her down.

Yae Miko: Oh my, oh my~ This is an exquisite treat right here. (smiles) Had it been anyone else, they would've been charmed. Still, it's not too much of a surprise at how deeply you care for her. At least to me. Now then, do you two love birds have anything else? If nothing, you may leave. Just remember to stop by here this evening. And don't keep me waiting now. I'm sure you know that, right, my Winter Knight? 

Yap: ... [Hmm.. It is true that sometimes females can be a little.. impatient, shall I say. I mean, it did happen a few times with Eula, didn't it?]

Flashback

--------------

Chapter 28

Eula: (pouts) Did you know how lonely I got without you by my side?

-----------

Yap: [Then again.. I suppose it was partially my fault too? Since I left only a letter and didn't await her response or anything. Also..]

Another flashback

----------

Chapter 52

Yap: Return to the city first, Eula. I'll catch up with you much later.

Eula: But..

Yap reassures Eula with a smile of his own.

Yap: Don't worry my spindrift. This duel is between me and Ei as well as the Shogun. I'll be back before you know it.

Eula: You better return, you hear me?

Yap: (smiles) Of course.

--------

Yap: [Perhaps I really do owe her, after all.]

Nodding to himself as they leave the Grand Narukami Shrine, Yap makes a mental note to take Eula out on a moonlit stroll this evening later.

Timeskip

After dinner at Kamisato Estate, the Cryo pair left for the Grand Narukami Shrine.

Thoma: Oh? Where are you both going?

Yap: The Grand Narukami Shrine. Lady Yae has invited both me and Eula there. It would be a shame now if.. we were to turn it down, no?

Thoma: O-oh, an invitation from Lady Yae herself? (Semi-awkward laugh) Err.. Well then, don't take too long now. Make sure to return safely.