Chapter 44

Jungkook POV:

"What do you think Baby Bear?  Are you ready?"  I looked over at my soulmate, who was holding my hand tightly as we sat next to each other in the car that would take us from the hotel to the restaurant.  After arriving in Busan, we had checked into our hotel before leaving for the restaurant to meet my parents and my older brother, Junghyun. The nervousness was evident in her gaze and I wished I could do something to ease her worry, but I understood it. 

Y/N nodded, the death grip she had on my hand easing a bit.  "I'm... I'm just a little nervous.  I want your families to like me."

It was her first time meeting my family and I knew she wanted to make a good impression on them. I had to admit I was a little nervous.  My parents had appeared to accept it, but my brother?  He seemed a little suspicious of my beautiful soulmate.  "It's going to be okay."

Yoongi was on the other side of her, who was on the other side of her nodded in agreement.  "Jungkook-ah is right.  You're going to be fine."  His voice and smile was reassuring and I could feel some of the tension begin to fade. 

Wrapping an arm around her shoulders, I pulled her in close.  "It's going to be okay my sweet soulmate.  I promise you.  There is nothing to be worried about." 

"Okay."

"Okay."  As I spoke, the car pulled up in front of the restaurant.  I opened the door and exited before turning to offer a hand to my soulmate.  She took it eagerly, lacing her fingers with mine and I couldn't help but bringing her fingers to my lips and giving them a quick kiss.  "Come on Baby Bear.  Let's go meet my family."

The restaurant we had chosen, Obanjang, was a Korean barbecue restaurant that I loved visiting whenever I came to Busan.  I had suggested it since it wasn't too upscale, but the food was still amazing.  When we entered, I noticed my parents and brother right away, seated at a large table near the back.  I squeezed Y/N's hand one more time then led her over to some of the most important people in the world to me.

My parents stood, along with my brother, and I hugged them all.  After the exuberant greetings, including my mother teasing me about being so much taller than her, I gently tugged Y/N forward.  "This is my soulmate, Y/N."

Y/N bowed to them and they returned the gesture before my father reached out his hand.  "Our son speaks about you a lot.  It is nice to meet you."

"I am pleased to meet you as well."  Y/N's voice was polite and when I took her hand again, I could feel her palms were damp from nerves. 

"Soulmate to my brother, huh?"  Junghyun's voice, although seemingly polite, was filled with doubt and it made me want to automatically protect my soulmate from him.

"Y-yes."  Y/N's voice came out nervous and the sound of it hurt my heart.

Junghyun eyed her for a moment.  "And how do you know that for sure?  It seems a little strange that you have so many soulmates."

Y/N looked over at me, her eyes worried, before turning back to Junghyun.  "Um... Jungkook and me?  We... we can feel each other's pain."

My brother snorted out a laugh, but before he could say anything else, my father placed a hand on his shoulder, letting him know that he was done.  "How about we sit down and get to know this lovely woman?"

I sent my father a grateful smile and he gave me a wink.  It made me feel good to know that at least my parents were on my side.  I led Y/N over to the table they had been sitting at and, after pulling out a chair for her, I sat down next to her.  Jimin slid in the seat next to her, slipping his hand into hers underneath the table.  Yoongi and Hoseok sat across from her, while Namjoon and Taehyung took seats on the other side of me.