fourteen | "album time"

🎸#[ROCKSTAR]

Jaden was currently perched in the little breakfast nook they had.

"Any plans today Jae?" Josh asked, taking a seat next to Jaden. He had just cleaned up the meal they both ate, without Bryce. He was off somewhere...

Jaden shook his head, "Don't think so. Unless Travis wants to meet up," he sighed.

Josh's cheery smile dropped, "Well... It's been a while since we hung out, wanna go do something for a bit?" He asked, messing around with his fingers.

"Sure." He stood up and pushed his chair in. "I'll go get dressed," he added. Josh nodded and got up himself. When he got back he could tell that Jaden was off. He assumed it was another depressive episode, but then he was doing things he wouldn't do when he is depressed. So he assumed the boy had something else going on. And instead of prying the boy to speak, like an overbearing mother, he at least wanted to make him happier.

Josh got dressed and grabbed his keys, once he was back down, Jaden was by the door.

"Ready?" Jaden asked.

Josh nodded, "Yeah we can take my car." Jaden affirmed that with a nod and then opened the door. Josh locked it and then they got to his car.

Josh started driving and the two sat in silence.

They started their little outing with some shopping. Josh paid for some of Jaden's things. And Jaden paid for the food they got when they were hungry. After both boys couldn't find anything else they wanted at the stores, they left.

Jaden wasn't sure where they were going after that, because the area was unfamiliar to him. "Where are we going?" He asked Josh.

Josh shrugged his shoulders a little, "A spot that I've been wanting to got o for a while now," he left Jaden feeling vague with the answer.

Nonetheless, he took it as an answer, "Okay," he rested his head on the window. He let out a long, stressful sigh.

Josh felt bad for the boy. He knew Jaden never had it easy, especially from all the things Jaden has told Josh. Josh wanted nothing but the best for him. He loved Jaden; in the friend way though. He never romantically saw Jaden, sure he was attractive as hell though. But he just wasn't into men, or relationships rather. He's had one-offs with plenty of women, but couldn't see himself being in a relationship.

Josh took a few more turns, Jaden paying close attention to each one of them. He was very confused and thought that Josh was for sure going to murder him or push him off a cliff.

Suddenly, stopping right near a ledge, Josh puts the car in park. "We're here!" He said, happily.

Jaden's face contorted, "It's a rock? Near a cliff?"

Josh nodded, "It's a rock, near a cliff, there isn't anyone for miles. It's private," he added.

If Jaden wasn't sure about Josh killing him then, he sure is now, "Are you planning to kill me?"

Josh laughed in panic, "NO-" he cleared his throat, "I mean no. I thought this would be a nice place for you—you seem like you've been thinking a lot recently, and I wanted to help. But I didn't want to pry you to tell me. So-so I thought that this would help?" He got very unconfident with the last few words.

Jaden smiled, fondly, "That's—so sweet!" He hugged Josh over the center console.

"Glad you like it, now let's get out and look at the view," Josh said.

They both get out leaving their things in the car. Josh guides Jaden to the rock that he loves to sit on. He likes coming here when he needs to think, and a while ago, he was thinking a lot. So he would frequent this place often.