twenty-seven | days passing

🎸 # [ ROCKSTAR ]

It's been days since Jaden sent the letter. He wasn't nervous anymore. He was a little scared though. He hadn't heard from Colson, he wasn't blocked at all. Travis was back, and he and Jaden have met, but Travis didn't ask anything about the sessions with Colson.

In fact, he never even brought up Colson. Jaden did see Travis give him a sympathetic look on the first day, but Jaden didn't push the measure on that. He had no time to be sad over someone who didn't want him or didn't care enough for him.

"Jaden this shit is fire," Travis said, as Jaden walked out of the recording booth.

Jaden smiled, "I really like this song too," he said.

"Just a bit more work, and we are almost done with the songs. But have you talked to Colson about the song?" He asked, knowing that something had happened between the two.

Jaden winced, "Uh not really. We haven't spoken in a while. Two weeks actually," he shifted his weight from leg to leg, biting his lip.

"What happened?"

"Uh..." Jaden looked down at his fingers.

"Jaden tell me, please," Travis sounded like he was begging.

"Sit down, you're gonna want to sit down," Jaden mumbled. Travis did as told and sat on his stool.

"Go on," he said.

Jaden sighed, "So it all started during the So What music video shoot. When Colson came to set, we hooked up in the closet after we filmed the last scene," he said.

"That all?"

Jaden shook his head, "No. But he and I didn't talk for a bit after that. The next time we talked was I think at your house, but that was brief. I then went through a lot of thinking trying to figure out if I was gay or not. Spoiler alert, I am. I think the next time he and I formally talked. was when he came to my house to take care of me when I was sick. After that, it was just small hangouts. Then when you left, we worked on the song together, in the studio, alone. We never really went on dates, so you couldn't say we were going out. And we weren't together either. Then this whole situation with our exes brought us closer, or what I thought was bringing us closer. But I guess it tore the seam more than I thought. I can't recall much of what happened in the past few weeks, but about five days ago I sent him a letter, with my final thoughts. When I did that I didn't think much of what would happen regarding the music. In fact, that wasn't even on my mind at all," he explained what he remembers. Some parts really did make him miss Colson, and some just fueled the green monster inside him.

Travis sat back, trying not to fall off, "Oh. Wow. Well, congrats on finding yourself, for one. And do you have any idea what you want to do with the song and video?" He crossed his arms, "Because the people, and I'm sure there is a part of you that wants to see it pull through."

Fuck that bald-headed man was right. There was a part of Jaden that really did like the song, and he had such a cool concept for the music video.

Jaden shrugged, "I think I just need more time to process this all, you know? I will finish the song with him and we will film the music video, but it's gonna take time." Time. Something that hadn't been on Jaden's side lately. Something that he had to learn was bound to no one's rules.

"Take all of the time you need, but please make it less than a year," Travis smiled. Jaden chuckled lightly, he was right. He had time, but not a whole lot of it.

As the days passed, Colson never let that letter out of his sight. He was lucky that Casie went to her mom's, he was alone now. And when he was alone, he would cry.

He's clutched with a pillow, the letter, and a picture of him and Jaden. He has himself curled into a ball, as far as you could when you're six foot four. Small mounds of tissues circled the man's body.

"Shit," he sobbed. It would hit him every so often that he lost Jaden. It was game over, he didn't know what more he could do. He felt like shit for giving up, he felt like shit that he lost.

If there was one thing that hurts Colson Baker, it's him losing. And SpongeBob not being on the tv, but that's something else. He chokes out another sob, blowing his nose again.

This time his phone goes off, it has a lot in the past few days. He reached over to see who he was going to decline this time, it was Travis. He sighs and reluctantly answers him.

"Yo Kelly," Travis' voice rang through his ears.

Colson groaned in response, not bothering to speak.

"You good man?" Travis asked.

"Does it—coughsound like I am?" He retorted, in the form of a question.

He heard a laugh, "Not really. Smoke too much?"

"No. Fucking broke my own heart," he said, flatly.

He heard the laughing stop, "Oh. Then do what you do best, try and fix it," he said it like it was simple. It wasn't that simple. He didn't know if he could fix this, or even if Jaden would let him fix this.

"I don't think I can Trav." With that, he hung up. He couldn't bear to hear what bullshit Travis was going to say.

He puts his phone back on the table and rolled over. His head was throbbing and he was just on the brink of death.

"Pull yourself together man," he mumbled, making no effort to get up.

🎸 # [ ROCKSTAR ]

XANS OPINIONS |

prolly the last update till i get to hawaii.

next update will more likely be on friday, or tomorrow but i still need to pack n stuff.

anyways i hoped you enjoyed the chapter, book is ending soon!