twenty | the ex-girlfriend

🎸 # [ ROCKSTAR ]

TW// homophobia and mentions taking one's life.

Days passed and Jaden was doing all right. He talked to Colson and came out to him, and Colson was nothing less than supportive. They had many conversations; some of which were just nonsense.

But Jaden loved that. He loved the little things in life, ever since he had gotten diagnosed with depression and tried to take his own life. He's learned to not take what you have for granted.

"JADEN!" Josh yelled.

Jaden peered his head into the kitchen and looked at the twenty-year-old who just yelled at him, "What?!" He asked.

"There's a car outside, I think it's her car," Josh said, much quieter this time. Jaden shot up, quickly going to the kitchen window.

"God fuck," he swore. He did not need to deal with Emma, again. He was also confused about how she knew where he lived.

"Should we call the cops?" Josh asked, picking up his phone.

Jaden shook his head biting his lip, "No. I'll handle this." He left the kitchen and walked to the front door. Before the blonde girl could open it Jaden jerked the door open.

"Jaden! Am I happy to see you!" She said, too cheerfully.

He scoffed, "Emma, why are you here?"

"Because I'm sorry. I'm sorry for cheating on you, I made one—"

"Twice you did it."

"—two small mistakes. And it won't happen again. I know we've been apart for some time and I know you probably don't care—"

"You're right," Jaden said, "I don't care about it. I haven't since you cheated on me the first time. The second time I was fighting to keep myself afloat. I lost myself, and my friends when I dated you again. I'm glad we had the time apart because I've done a lot of thinking and discovering. I'm gay, and I like someone; who isn't you. So please, just leave. I don't want you here." He begged her.

"I can change that— all of that. You're just going through a phase," she begged.

His eyes shot open in disbelief, "Change? What is there that needs to be changed? I am fine the way I am, and if you don't like it—fucking leave. It's not a fucking phase, it's something that I have been repressing for years. Now I'm finally confident to be out and proud of it. Just leave Emma, it's for the best," his tone was soft, but the point came across.

"Jaden—"

"Emma? Right?" Another voice chimed in. Jaden looked behind him, it was Bryce.

"Yes," she answered.

"I don't know why you think you can change Jaden. Maybe it's all the fucking chemicals seeping into your brain from dying your hair too much, or the simple fact you are ignorant. But people are gay, it's 2022. You can't change that, no one can. So take your dumb blonde ass, which is flat by the way, and leave. You are not welcome here; you never have been. And leave my son alone, he is a fucking rockstar and you are just a pebble," Bryce stated.

Jaden had the biggest smile on his face, he loved Bryce. Emma scoffed, looked at her ass, then got back into the car she came out of. They watched as she sped off and then Bryce looked at Jaden.

"God I hated her voice," Bryce groaned walking back into the house.

"Me too. And thank you," Jaden grabbed his shirt.

Bryce pulled him into a hug, "Anything for you," he whispered. Jaden squeezed him.

Josh walked in with Jaden's phone out, "Jaden, this is for you.."